ICYMI (In Case You Missed It) Sunday is a new meme that I am planning to feature on the blog every week. It is based on the Sunday Post which is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer, which was in turn inspired in part by the In My Mailbox meme. Basically, it allows me to let you know what went on the blog this week and anything interesting that is going on. It will also allow me to showcase any books I receive like the Showcase Sunday which is hosted by Vicky at Books, Biscuits, and Tea.
So, let’s start the first ICYMI Sunday off simply with a small update from me.
On Saturday February 1st my dog Lucky was put to sleep. It was both unexpected and not. We knew he only had a limited time, but we weren’t sure how long or short that time would be. Lucky dying really threw me, and I’m still not balanced. I also haven’t been well, and am currently fighting off a cold. I have started reading and writing reviews again though. So yeah, for me this February really sucked.
As I haven’t done a catch up on the blog for a while, I’m going to start back in January with stuff that has been on the blog.
- Looking Forward to 2014 on The Flutterby Room
- 4 star review of UNTOLD by Sarah Rees Brennan (YA)
- 5 star review of ANGELS’ FLIGHT by Nalini Singh (Adult)
- 5 star review of EVER AFTER by Kim Harrison (Adult)
- 3 star review of THE FIERY HEART by Richelle Mead (YA)
- 5 star review of ANTIGODDESS by Kendare Blake (YA)
- 4 star review of STORM GLASS by Maria V. Snyder (YA)
- 3 star review of GRETEL AND THE DARK by Eliza Granville (YA)
- My Valentine’s Ninja Book Swap
- 4 star review of ARCHANGEL’S LEGION by Nalini Singh (Adult)
Not a lot for almost two months worth of posts, but the blog has been ticking over which is good 🙂
What else is going on?
- The cover for Amanda Sun‘s new novel RAIN will be revealed on Monday, plus there will be an ARC giveaway – you can find a sneak peek here.
- World Book Day Fest is holding a 500 word writing contest for entrants 13 years and under in the UK. Stories must be submitted by 7pm on Wednesday 26th February. More details can be found here.
- Are you in Edinburgh on the 5th of March? Joseph D’Lacey is launching THE BOOK OF THE CROWMAN at Blackwell’s Edinburgh 6.30pm -8pm. The event is free, but you will need a ticket. You can find more info here.
- Melissa Anelli author of the best-selling HARRY, A HISTORY spoke out about her experience of being stalked here.
- J. K. Rowling is to release a second book under the nom-de-plume Robert Galbraith. THE SILKWORM is a sequel to THE CUCKOO’S CALLING. You can find more info about the book on The Telegraph newspaper here.
- John Green made some comments on his Twitter account (which you can read here on a UK Twilight fan site), which he later clarified on his Tumblr account about TWILIGHT and misogyny.
- Penguin/Pelican are holding a giveaway for 50 copies of GREEK AND ROMAN POLITICAL IDEAS: A PELICAN INTRODUCTION on Goodreads here. Giveaway runs until April 10th.
- The Red House Children’s Book Awards took place on Saturday 22nd February. You can find the winners and other nominees here.
- Want to know what to look forward to in autumn/fall 2014? You can find a list of books published in the States then here.
Now we’re all caught up, sorta. I’m going to do a quick post on the books I have received between December and now…
- FALLING FAST by Sophie McKenzie (YA) (thanks Orli – Valentine’s Ninja Book Swap)
- SOLACE OF THE ROAD by Siobhan Dowd (YA) (thanks Orli – Valentine’s Ninja Book Swap)
- WITCH SONG by Amber Argyle (YA) (ebook)
- STOLEN SONGBIRD by Danielle L. Jensen (YA) (ebook via NetGalley – thanks Strange Chemistry)
- SHUTDOWN by Laurell K. Hamilton (adult) (ebook)
- THE DARK HEROINE by Abigail Gibbs (YA) (thanks Secret Santa)
- ANGELFALL by Susan Ee (YA) (thanks Secret Santa)
- DELIRUM by Lauren Oliver (YA) (thanks Secret Santa)
- DANCE OF SHADOWS by Yelena Black (YA) (thanks Faye @ A Daydreamer’s Thoughts – I won her blogoversay giveaway back in November)
- GRETEL AND THE DARK by Eliza Granville (YA) (thanks Catherine and Penguin Ireland)
- STEELHEART by Brandon Sanderson (YA) (thanks Secret Santa)
So that’s it. The end of this rather epic post. Next weeks won’t be as long. Promise.
I would love to hear what you’ve been up to this week and what books, if any, you’ve got so please leave me a link in the comments below.
Thanks for stopping by 😀