ICYMI (In Case You Missed It) Sunday is a new meme that I am planning to feature on the blog every week. It is based on the Sunday Post which is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer, which was in turn inspired in part by the In My Mailbox meme. Basically, it allows me to let you know what went on the blog this week and anything interesting that is going on. It will also allow me to showcase any books I receive like the Showcase Sunday which is hosted by Vicky at Books, Biscuits, and Tea.
The last week has been interesting. I applied to two internships and got denied unfortunately, so my job hunt is still continuing. However, I have managed to reach and exceed my GoodReads challenge of 52 books in a year – at last count I have read 55 books this year so far. I managed to fit in 80 books last year, so I’m curious to see where I’ll end up this year.
On the blog the last week:
- 4 star review of HALF-BLOOD (COVENANT, 1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
- 4 star review of INTO THE STILL BLUE (UNDER THE NEVER SKY, 3) by Veronica Rossi
What else is going on?
- BuzzFeed posted ’35 Tumblr Posts That Will Make You Reevaluate Your Entire Existence’ which you can find here. It’s quite a profound, and funny, read. So if you’ve got time go and check it out.
- YouTuber/BookTuber Ariel Bissett talks about her thoughts on the latest YouTube Sexual Abuse scandal here, as well as provide a link to some useful posts if you want to learn more about what’s going on. I thought what she said was quite interesting, though I’m a little sad that the YouTube community is going through such a difficult time at the moment.
- On Tumblr author Maureen Johnson talks about the proper etiquette people should use when making requests of other people here. I thought her suggestions were very helpful, and something I would follow myself were I brave enough to email an author/publisher…
- And finally, if you haven’t had the chance to yet you can find both the new US and the new UK covers to the HARRY POTTER series side-by-side here. I think both covers look lovely, and I would like having either on my shelves (though I still have a soft spot for the original UK covers).
As I was nearing the end of my TBR pile, I lifted my book buying ban this week. The following lovely books arrived, and I’m very much looking forward to reading them.
- Black Dog by Rachel Neumeier [Goodreads]
- Night’s Honor (Elder Races, 7) by Thea Harrison [Goodreads]
- Unmade (The Lynburn Legacy, 3) by Sarah Rees Brennan [Goodreads]
- Pure (Covenant, 2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout [Goodreads]
- Rock Addiction (Rock Kiss, 1) by Nalini Singh [Goodreads]
- The Queen’s Readers edited by Amanda Diehl and Holly Vaughn [Goodreads]
- Adorned (Trinity of Souls, 1) by Georgeann Swiger [Goodreads]
Black Dog is a werewolf book that has been sitting on my TBR list for a while, and I’m really curious to see how it turns out as it’s a little different from the usual books. Thea Harrison, Sarah Rees Brennan, and Nalini Singh are on my to buy list so I had to get these books. I’m looking forward to seeing how The Lynburn Legacy concludes – rumours say it will hurt, eek! And I really enjoyed the first book in the Covenant series, so I had to get the second. I’m a bit of a lit geek, so I’m curious to see what the essays in The Queen’s Readers will be like. I also got Adorned for free on Kindle (hence no picture), and I’m quite enjoying it so far.
I would love to hear what you’ve been up to this week and what books, if any, you’ve got so please leave me a link in the comments below.
Thanks for stopping by
8 thoughts on “ICYMI Sunday 19 – I’m Ahead”
I feel like I’ve been 4 behind on my Goodreads challenge all year so well done! Enjoy all your new books.
Thanks. I’ve been struggling to keep up until about a month ago, and then I seem to have got my reading mojo back. lol.
Sorry to hear about the internships. Hope things go better soon.
I’ve passed my reading goal of 125 books. Looks like I’m on a roll. You’re doing great with your TBR. I’ll never be finished with mine as I keep adding more. LOL Looks like you have some fun reading ahead of you.
Here is my Sunday Post – http://fuonlyknew.com/2014/10/05/whats-new-on-my-bookshelf-81-and-the-sunday-post/
Congratulations on passing your goal – that is a LOT of books, I wish I could read that many in a year!
I loved UNMADE! Looking forward to your review of this one 🙂
Oh I love the Covenant and the Under the Never Sky series! ♥
My Week in a Wrapped #2
You are my new hero for coming within sight of the end of your TBR! I’m seriously impressed. Good luck with your GoodReads goal! I think I’m doing okay with mine but I’m not as good with the updating as I should be. Enjoy your books and have a great week! Good luck with the job hunt!
Yay! Congrats on passing your goodreads goal! 😀
You’re nearing the end of you TBR pile? Omg. I think it’d take me about 3 years to get to the end of mine. You’re amazing!
Pure is a great follow up to Half Blood. The covenant series is really good 🙂
Adorned and Black Dog both sound really good.
Great haul! And good luck with the job hunt! I hope you find something soon.