ICYMI (In Case You Missed It) Sunday is a new meme that I am planning to feature on the blog every week. It is based on the Sunday Post which is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer, which was in turn inspired in part by the In My Mailbox meme. Basically, it allows me to let you know what went on the blog this week and anything interesting that is going on. It will also allow me to showcase any books I receive like the Showcase Sunday which is hosted by Vicky at Books, Biscuits, and Tea.
Running late getting this up seems to be becoming a habit on my part. Whoops.
Had a great Bank Holiday Monday this week; more time spent with my wonderful parents. Apart from that this week has been very quite, although I have been lacking in any motivation. Hopefully taking part in Bout of Books 10 next week will change that (more on that later)
On the blog the last couple of weeks:
- 2 star review of SPY GLASS by Maria V. Snyder
- Bout of Books 10 – Sign-Up Post
- Bout of Books 10 – My Goals and Updates
What else is going on?
- Steve Berman has an article on SALON titled ‘The slow, tragic death of the LGBT publishing industry’ which you can read here. In his article he discusses the closure of Giovanni’s Room in Philadelphia, which is “the oldest and possibly largest LGBT bookstore” in the US.
- Adam Gopnik of The New Yorker talks about ‘The strange triumph of “The Little Prince”’ here.
- The Guardian has a poll asking ‘How do you organise your home library?’ in response to a survey by Lovereading which found that “39% of British readers organise their shelves completely randomly”. You can find the full article and take part in the poll (there’s just 1 day left) here.
- BuzzFeed has done a list of ’12 Literary Spots in London That Every Book Lover Needs To Visit’ which you can find here. Personally, I think they’ve missed a good one – the Peter Pan statue in Kensington Gardens.
- The Spring edition of the Subterranean Press Magazine is out, and you can find it here. It includes a story by Kelley Armstrong.
- Bout of Books 10 starts on Monday! If you haven’t already, you can still sign-up here OR if you just want more info you can find the official blog here.
- According to The Guardian, ‘Superheroes conquer the literary novel’ – you can read the article here.
- The winners of the 2013 Agatha Awards, as well as a list of nominees can be found here.
- On Cosmopolitan‘s website John Green asks ‘Can You Get Too Old For YA Novels?’ – you can read the article here.
- If you’re not lucky enough to receive an ARC copy of Julie Kagawa’s new novel TALON you can check out the cool inside here.
- Amazon and Hachette’s dispute over retail terms has gone public – you can find out more here.
Some interesting articles this week. Personally, I think the SALON article is a bit premature – I hadn’t actually heard of Giovanni’s Room until I came across the article. The article about how home libraries are organised was an interesting one – I order mine alphabetically by author, so I can find books easily. The literary spots in London list was an interesting one, but I was a little sad to see no Peter Pan statue.
No books for me this week.
I would love to hear what you’ve been up to this week and what books, if any, you’ve got so please leave me a link in the comments below.
Thanks for stopping by