ICYMI (In Case You Missed It) Sunday is a new meme that I am planning to feature on the blog every week. It is based on the Sunday Post which is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer, which was in turn inspired in part by the In My Mailbox meme. Basically, it allows me to let you know what went on the blog this week and anything interesting that is going on. It will also allow me to showcase any books I receive like the Showcase Sunday which is hosted by Vicky at Books, Biscuits, and Tea.
First, I’d just like to apologise for not having an ICYMI Sunday post last week and for this week’s post being über late – it’s gone 10pm BST and I’ve only just started writing this. Last week I was on holiday down in Cornwall and all hopes of posting went out the window because I didn’t feel brilliant. I did have a fantastic holiday with my folks though!!
I hope everyone had a great couple of weeks.
On the blog the last couple of weeks:
- 4 star review of AWAKEN by Meg Cabot
- 5 star review of THE UNDEAD POOL by Kim Harrison
What else is going on?
- Jacob L. Wright talks about how the Enhanced E-Book could help scholarly authors reach here.
- You can find out what the Top Ten most challenged books in 2013 were according to the American Library Association Office for Intellectual Freedom here. In 2013 there were 307 reports compared to 2012’s 464.
- The Guardian reports on a UNESCO study whose findings report huge growth in reading books on phones in Africa and the Indian subcontinent. You can find out more about it here.
- J. K. Rowling’s novel THE CASUAL VACANCY is to be made into a BBC mini-series co-produced by HBO – read the full report here.
- If you haven’t had the chance yet you can find the covers for both the US and UK editions of Sarah J. Maas’s THE HEIR OF FIRE here.
- Vicky on Books, Biscuits, and Tea talks about ‘How to Make Your Blog Mobile-Friendly in Five Minutes’ here. I thought it was a very interesting and useful post.
- The Guardian reports that the British Library stages the biggest UK comic exhibition here.
- The winner of the 2014 Arthur C Clark Award is announced here.
- HarperCollins is to buy Harlequin. You can find out more about the deal on The Bookseller here.
- To celebrate the opening of their new flagship store Foyles are running a series of events. You can find out what’s on, as well as more information here.
- The Manitoba Young Readers Choice Awards (MYRCA) has announced their 2015 nominations. You can find the list of nominees here.
- BookTube-A-Thon have announced the dates of their second annual booktubeathon here.
- Have you seen the #WeNeedDiverseBooks tag on Twitter this week? YA Interrobang talks about the #WeNeedDiverseBooks tag – including its origins – here.
There were some interesting articles over the past couple of weeks. Love the cover of THE HEIR OF FIRE. I’m not too sure what I think of HarperCollins’s acquisition of Harlequin – the publishing world just keeps on getting smaller. I’m not a booktuber but I am excited to hear that there will be a second booktube-a-thon – I hope everyone planning to take part has a great time.
No books for me this week.
I would love to hear what you’ve been up to this week and what books, if any, you’ve got so please leave me a link in the comments below.
Thanks for stopping by
5 thoughts on “ICYMI Sunday 10 – Sorry for missing last week & the delay in this week’s post”
Hope your holiday was nice, and thanks for the links. Some good stuff there. Hope your week ahead is a good one.
I had a nice relaxing holiday 🙂
Thanks for sharing the #WeNeedDiverseBooks feature from YA Interrobang! 🙂
It can be challenging to balance ‘real’ life and blogging, we just do the best we can 🙂
I didn’t know Harpercollins acquired Harlequin, well, as long as the quality of Harlequin books stays the same even though they are aquired by HC then I think I’m okay with it. 😀
my sunday post: http://wp.me/p3v5T1-oX