Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists at The Broke and the Bookish. They’d love to share their lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
This weeks Top Ten topic is …
Top Ten Things That Make Your Life As A Reader/Book Blogger Easier
The list is in no particular order. And sorry, but no pictures this week.
- My Local Library – I don’t use it very often admittedly, but visiting it occasionally does help keep my costs down. And it’s super helpful if I want to try an author, but I’m not 100% confident that I’ll like them.
- Goodreads – it keeps track of what I’ve read, what I’m reading now, and books that have caught my eye. I also like the quizzes, and the giveaways are good though I’ve never won. I also find it interesting to read other people’s thoughts on books which links to my next item…
- Other Blogs – I follow a decent number of blogs because I trust them, but sometimes I use them to find other blogs through interesting comments.
- My TBR Excel spreadsheet – if a book makes it onto this list then I’m waaaaaay more likely to buy it. It’s also how I kept track of books I want to read that haven’t been published yet.
- WordPress – I find WordPress very helpful in terms of keeping track of how far behind/ahead I am with reviews. I like the schedule feature, as I really dislike writing the post on the same day it goes up.
- Bloglovin’ – it stops my email getting full of posts from blogs I follow.
- Memes – great way to find new interesting blogs. I take part in Top Ten Tuesday (obvs) and Sunday Post regularly. I also occasionally take part in Waiting on Wednesday and Showcase Sunday.
- Read-a-thons – a great way to interact with other blogs, and they also help you get your reading back on track. I like Bout of Books (which I’m taking part in this week) as it lets me set my own goals.
- Twitter – as a blogger I’ve noticed interaction is key, and Twitter is a good format for this imho. It also lets me promote things I find interesting, as well as my own stuff.
- Amazon/The Book Depository – not a huge fan of my local bookstore, and as far as I’m aware the only local independent bookstore has closed. I also can’t justify the cost of travelling to London to visit Foyles, so Amazon and The Book Depository it is for me on the whole. My shelves would be significantly emptier without them.
Those were my top ten things that make my life easier as a blogger. What things make your life easier as a blogger/reader? Let me know in the comments below, or link back to your Top Ten post so I can see what makes your list.