Each month beginning March 1st, 2012, challenge members will read or re-read the title for that month. In addition, challenge members will either post a review, their reading experience, character castings or anything else related to that title. You have freedom to have fun with your monthly post so be creative! Seeing as this series is 13 novels long, this challenge will last 13 months.
So this is it. The final book, and my final post for this challenge.
13 (Women of the Otherworld #13)
by Kelley Armstrong
Published: 24th July 2012
13. The breath-taking, explosive finale to the Women of the Otherworld series.
War is coming to the Otherworld. A sinister cult known as The Supernatural Liberation Movement is hell-bent on exposing the truth about supernaturals to the rest of the world. Their violent, ruthless plan has put everyone at risk: from werewolves to vampires, from witches to half-demons.
Savannah Levine – fiery and unpredictable – stands at the heart of the maelstrom. There is a new, dark magic inside her, granting her the power to summon spells of terrifying strength. But whether this magic is a gift or a curse, no one knows.
On the eve of battle, all the major players must come together in a last, desperate fight for survival – Elena and Clay; Adam and Savannah; Paige and Lucas; Jeremy and Jamie; Hope, Eve and more . . . They are fighting for their lives. They are fighting for their loved ones.
They are fighting for the Otherworld.
You can find my 4 out of 5 star review for 13 here.
I had really mixed views about 13 when I first heard about it. I wasn’t totally convinced that I wanted to read it – after all, 13 represented the end of an era for me as well as the end of one of my favourite urban fantasy series.
The Women of the Otherworld series had been such a large part of my reading life since my mid/late-teens that I was somewhat disappointed to discover that there were going to be just 13 books in the series, and that the final three books were going to be Savannah’s arc. As I’m sure you know by now, if you’ve been following these posts, Elena is my favourite character. She started the series, and I was hoping that she would end the series – full circle so to speak, but that kind of already happened in Frostbitten so I’m not too disappointed.
In the end I think 13 provided a good ending to the series, and that Savannah was a good choice to lead the final arc of the series. I’m still a little sad to see the series end, but as I own a copy of all 13 books I have plenty of opportunities to re-read them – opportunities which this challenge offered me, so thank you Moonlight’s Gleam for organising and running this challenge!
As this is my last post for the Women of the Otherworld Reading Challenge I have decided to offer ONE lucky person the chance to win ONE copy of their choice from one of the books listed below (to find out more about the book click on the link and it will take you to its Goodread page). To enter click the link to the Rafflecopter form, but don’t forget to read the rules before entering!
You could win a copy of . . .
- Bitten (Women of the Otherworld #1) by Kelley Armstrong
- Stolen (Women of the Otherworld #2) by Kelley Armstrong
- Dime Store Magic (Women of the Otherworld #3) by Kelley Armstrong
- Industrial Magic (Women of the Otherworld #4) by Kelley Armstrong
- Haunted (Women of the Otherworld #5) by Kelley Armstrong
- Broken (Women of the Otherworld #6) by Kelley Armstrong
- No Humans Involved (Women of the Otherworld #7) by Kelley Armstrong
- Personal Demon (Women of the Otherworld #8) by Kelley Armstrong
- Living with the Dead (Women of the Otherworld #9) by Kelley Armstrong
- Frostbitten (Women of the Otherworld #10) by Kelley Armstrong
- Waking the Witch (Women of the Otherworld #11) by Kelley Armstrong
- Spell Bound (Women of the Otherworld #12) by Kelley Armstrong
- 13 (Women of the Otherworld #13) by Kelley Armstrong
- The Summoning (Darkest Powers #1) by Kelley Armstrong
- The Awakening (Darkest Powers #2) by Kelley Armstrong
- The Reckoning (Darkest Powers #3) by Kelley Armstrong
- The Gathering (Darkness Rising #1) by Kelley Armstrong
- The Calling (Darkness Rising #2) by Kelley Armstrong
- The Rising (Darkness Rising #3) by Kelley Armstrong
- Shards and Ashes by Melissa Marr and Kelley Armstrong
- To enter this giveaway you must be 18 years or older (this is due to the fact that some of the giveaway prizes are aimed at an adult audience).
- This competition is open internationally (except where prohibited by law).
- ONE winner of this giveaway will recieve ONE copy of a book of their choice from the list above.
- The giveaway opens on 14th March 00:00GMT and closes on 11th April 00:00BST. Any entries recieved outside these dates will not be eligable for entry.
- Only one entry per person is allowed.
- The winner will be notified by email within 48 hours of the end of the giveaway.
- The winner will need to respond to the email within 72 hours of recieving the email or a new winner will be chosen.
- The Flutterby Room is not responsible for contacting or forwarding prizes to entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information or for entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed.
- The Flutterby Room is not responsible for any loss or damage of the prize in transit.
- The Flutterby Room reserves the right to cancel this competition at any time without any prior warning.
- The Flutterby Room reserves the right to disqualify any entry at any time.
PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE ANY IDENTIFYING DETAILS (SUCH AS FULL NAME, OR EMAIL ADDRESS) IN THE COMMENT SECTION BELOW. ALL SUCH COMMENTS WILL BE DELETED AS SOON AS THEY ARE NOTICED.
Link to Rafflecopter giveaway
Good luck everyone!
4 thoughts on “Women of the Otherworld Challenge: 13 + International Giveaway!!”
Pingback: In My Mailbox (17) | The Flutterby Room
Please use the address I provided to post the comment to contact me. Great giveaway! I love this author. I have read all of the Darkest Powers and Darkest Rising series (except #3) and started the Women of the Otherworld.
Pingback: In My Mailbox (18) | The Flutterby Room
Pingback: In My Mailbox (19) | The Flutterby Room