First THANK YOU to everyone who entered the giveaway!
Congratulations to Carmen who won Pack 1
Liv Wakefield who won Pack 2.
Could you both please email me at theflutterbyroom [at] gmail [dot] com with your name and address so I can send the prizes out to you ASAP. I appologise for not emailing you, but I forgot to ask for email addresses in the form – d’oh! I will also try and contact you via Twitter for this info.
My bookshelves are WAY beyond full. Seriously. I have 311 books, not counting my manga and comic collection, or any books that may in some way be related to study (if I tilt my head and squint, maybe). I just don’t have the space for any more books, so I NEED to clear out at least some of the books.
Normally when I clear out my bookshelves I give the books to a local charity, but this time as most of the books I want to giveaway have been published relatively recently and because I recently posted about books I really want to get my hands on that have already been published for a Top Ten Tuesday (you can find the post here) I thought I would hold a giveaway on the blog.
I am giving away 9 books as two prizes – 1 x 5 books & 1 x 4 books. All the books are in good to excellent condition – unfortunately a couple have lines down their spine, sorry. As I am giving away so many books I’m afraid that I’m only going to open this competition to people who live in the UK and Ireland. If you live somewhere else, don’t worry, if you check back in early September I’m going to be doing an International giveaway. Lucky, my dog, managed to sneak into the pictures.
Pack 1 (5 books)
- x 1, Across the Universe by Beth Revis
- x 1, Slated by Terri Terry
- x 1, Boy Meets Boy by David Levithan
- x 1, Struck by Jennifer Bosworth
- x 1, Wither by Lauren DeStefano
Pack 2 (4 books)
- x 1, Torn by Amanda Hocking
- x 1, Switched by Amanda Hocking
- x 1, Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly
- x 1, A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray
So, now you’ve seen what the prizes are it’s time for the rules.
- To enter this competition you must be aged 13 years old or older (on 16th July 2012).
- This competition is open to the UK and Ireland ONLY.
- +1 (extra) entry if you promote this giveaway on your twitter, blog, or tumblr. (You must provide a link so I can verify this)
- The giveaway runs from 16th July 2012 12:00 BST to 29th July 2012 12:00 BST. The winners will be announced on the blog on 30th July at 12:00 BST. The winners will also receive an email from me to confirm details for shipping the prizes on that day.
- The winners will have 72 hours from the 30th July at 12:00 BST to respond to my email, if they do not respond within that time a new winner will be chosen.
- Each entry will be assigned a number. The winner will be picked by The True Random Number Generator at Random.org
- TheFlutterbyRoom is not responsible for any loss or damage of the book in transit.
- TheFlutterbyRoom reserves the right to cancel this competition at any time without any prior warning.
- TheFlutterbyRoom reserves the right to disqualify any entry at any time.
- Please do not leave any identifying details (such as full name, or email address) in the comment section.
CONTEST NOW CLOSED.
The Eternal Kiss ed. by Trisha Telep
Title: The Eternal Kiss: 13 Vampire Tales of Blood and Desire
Editor: Trisha Telep
Genre: Paranormal Romance, Urban Fantasy, Young Adult
Publisher: RP Teens (6th August 2009)
It’s hot. It’s irresistible. It’s dangerous. It’s an Eternal Kiss.
Supernatural forces and desires come alive in these thirteen vampire tales. Like love, the adventures are never safe and hungers never die. And chances are taken. If you are seduced by the mystery of the heart, beating for a destiny unknown, you will helplessly follow the characters in this collection – longing for one to call their own.
Rating:**** (4 stars)
The Eternal Kiss is an interesting collection of vampire tales brought together in one brilliant volume – twelve of which are original to the anthology.
A Great and Terrble Beauty by Libba Bray
Title: A Great and Terrible Beauty
Author: Libba Bray
Genre: Fantasy, Young Adult
Publisher: Simon and Schuster UK (2nd May 2006)
It’s 1895 and, after the death of her mother, 16-year-old Gemma Doyle is shipped off from the life she has known in India to Spence, a proper boarding school in England. Lonely, guilt-ridden, and prone to visions of the future that have an uncomfortable habit of coming true, Gemma finds her reception a chilly one. She’s not completely alone, though . . . she’s being followed by a mysterious young man, sent to warn her to close her mind against the visions.
It’s at Spence that Gemma’s power to attract the supernatural unfolds, as she becomes entangled with the school’s most powerful girls and discovers her mother’s connection to a shadowy, timeless group called The Order. Her destiny awaits . . . if only Gemma can believe in it.
Rating: *** (3 stars)
A Great and Terrible Beauty is the first book in Libba Bray’sGreat and Terrible Beauty trilogy.