First THANK YOU to everyone who entered the giveaway!
Congratulations to Carmen who won Pack 1
Liv Wakefield who won Pack 2.
Could you both please email me at theflutterbyroom [at] gmail [dot] com with your name and address so I can send the prizes out to you ASAP. I appologise for not emailing you, but I forgot to ask for email addresses in the form – d’oh! I will also try and contact you via Twitter for this info.
My bookshelves are WAY beyond full. Seriously. I have 311 books, not counting my manga and comic collection, or any books that may in some way be related to study (if I tilt my head and squint, maybe). I just don’t have the space for any more books, so I NEED to clear out at least some of the books.
Normally when I clear out my bookshelves I give the books to a local charity, but this time as most of the books I want to giveaway have been published relatively recently and because I recently posted about books I really want to get my hands on that have already been published for a Top Ten Tuesday (you can find the post here) I thought I would hold a giveaway on the blog.
I am giving away 9 books as two prizes – 1 x 5 books & 1 x 4 books. All the books are in good to excellent condition – unfortunately a couple have lines down their spine, sorry. As I am giving away so many books I’m afraid that I’m only going to open this competition to people who live in the UK and Ireland. If you live somewhere else, don’t worry, if you check back in early September I’m going to be doing an International giveaway. Lucky, my dog, managed to sneak into the pictures.
Pack 1 (5 books)
- x 1, Across the Universe by Beth Revis
- x 1, Slated by Terri Terry
- x 1, Boy Meets Boy by David Levithan
- x 1, Struck by Jennifer Bosworth
- x 1, Wither by Lauren DeStefano
Pack 2 (4 books)
- x 1, Torn by Amanda Hocking
- x 1, Switched by Amanda Hocking
- x 1, Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly
- x 1, A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray
So, now you’ve seen what the prizes are it’s time for the rules.
- To enter this competition you must be aged 13 years old or older (on 16th July 2012).
- This competition is open to the UK and Ireland ONLY.
- +1 (extra) entry if you promote this giveaway on your twitter, blog, or tumblr. (You must provide a link so I can verify this)
- The giveaway runs from 16th July 2012 12:00 BST to 29th July 2012 12:00 BST. The winners will be announced on the blog on 30th July at 12:00 BST. The winners will also receive an email from me to confirm details for shipping the prizes on that day.
- The winners will have 72 hours from the 30th July at 12:00 BST to respond to my email, if they do not respond within that time a new winner will be chosen.
- Each entry will be assigned a number. The winner will be picked by The True Random Number Generator at Random.org
- TheFlutterbyRoom is not responsible for any loss or damage of the book in transit.
- TheFlutterbyRoom reserves the right to cancel this competition at any time without any prior warning.
- TheFlutterbyRoom reserves the right to disqualify any entry at any time.
- Please do not leave any identifying details (such as full name, or email address) in the comment section.
CONTEST NOW CLOSED.
Wither by Lauren DeStefano
Title: Wither (The Chemical Garden Trilogy #1)
Author: Lauren DeStefano
Genre: Dystopian, Young Adult
Publisher: HarperVoyager (4th August 2011)
What if you knew exactly when you would die?
In our brave new future, DNA engineering has resulted in a terrible genetic flaw. Women die at the age of 20, men at 25. Young girls are being abducted and forced to breed in a desperate attempt to keep humanity ahead of the disease that threatens to eradicate it.
16-year-old Rhine Ellery is kidnapped and sold as a bride to Linden, a rich young man with a dying wife. Even though he is kind to her, Rhine is desperate to escape her gilded cage – and Linden’s cruel father. With the help of Gabriel, a servant she is growing dangerously attracted to, Rhine attempts to break free, in what little time she has left.
Rating: *** (3 stars)
Wither is the first book in Lauren DeStefano’s The Chemical Garden Trilogy. Time is running out for Rhine, for Linden, and for Gabriel: for the rest of humanity too.