First THANK YOU to everyone who entered the giveaway!
Congratulations to Carmen who won Pack 1
Liv Wakefield who won Pack 2.
Could you both please email me at theflutterbyroom [at] gmail [dot] com with your name and address so I can send the prizes out to you ASAP. I appologise for not emailing you, but I forgot to ask for email addresses in the form – d’oh! I will also try and contact you via Twitter for this info.
My bookshelves are WAY beyond full. Seriously. I have 311 books, not counting my manga and comic collection, or any books that may in some way be related to study (if I tilt my head and squint, maybe). I just don’t have the space for any more books, so I NEED to clear out at least some of the books.
Normally when I clear out my bookshelves I give the books to a local charity, but this time as most of the books I want to giveaway have been published relatively recently and because I recently posted about books I really want to get my hands on that have already been published for a Top Ten Tuesday (you can find the post here) I thought I would hold a giveaway on the blog.
I am giving away 9 books as two prizes – 1 x 5 books & 1 x 4 books. All the books are in good to excellent condition – unfortunately a couple have lines down their spine, sorry. As I am giving away so many books I’m afraid that I’m only going to open this competition to people who live in the UK and Ireland. If you live somewhere else, don’t worry, if you check back in early September I’m going to be doing an International giveaway. Lucky, my dog, managed to sneak into the pictures.
Pack 1 (5 books)
- x 1, Across the Universe by Beth Revis
- x 1, Slated by Terri Terry
- x 1, Boy Meets Boy by David Levithan
- x 1, Struck by Jennifer Bosworth
- x 1, Wither by Lauren DeStefano
Pack 2 (4 books)
- x 1, Torn by Amanda Hocking
- x 1, Switched by Amanda Hocking
- x 1, Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly
- x 1, A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray
So, now you’ve seen what the prizes are it’s time for the rules.
- To enter this competition you must be aged 13 years old or older (on 16th July 2012).
- This competition is open to the UK and Ireland ONLY.
- +1 (extra) entry if you promote this giveaway on your twitter, blog, or tumblr. (You must provide a link so I can verify this)
- The giveaway runs from 16th July 2012 12:00 BST to 29th July 2012 12:00 BST. The winners will be announced on the blog on 30th July at 12:00 BST. The winners will also receive an email from me to confirm details for shipping the prizes on that day.
- The winners will have 72 hours from the 30th July at 12:00 BST to respond to my email, if they do not respond within that time a new winner will be chosen.
- Each entry will be assigned a number. The winner will be picked by The True Random Number Generator at Random.org
- TheFlutterbyRoom is not responsible for any loss or damage of the book in transit.
- TheFlutterbyRoom reserves the right to cancel this competition at any time without any prior warning.
- TheFlutterbyRoom reserves the right to disqualify any entry at any time.
- Please do not leave any identifying details (such as full name, or email address) in the comment section.
CONTEST NOW CLOSED.
Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly, UK edition cover.
Author: Jennifer Donnelly
Genre: Historical Novel, Romance, Young Adult
Publisher: Bloomsbury( 3rd October 2011)
Andi is broken. She is failing school and failing life. Since the death of her brother, all she cares about is music. Taken to Paris by her estranged father, she makes a discovery that could transform everything. Hidden in the compartment of an old guitar case is a lost diary from Revolutionary France . . .
Alexandrine is a street performer who is trying to save a young life from the devastation of war. She writes her deepest thoughts in her diary, hoping that one day someone will read them and understand.
These two girls, though centuries apart, are tied together by more than just the diary. As its words transcend paper and time, Alexandrine’s past becomes Andi’s present and lives are changed for ever.
Rating: **** (4 stars)
Revolution is a stand-alone young adult novel half set in Brooklyn, New York and half set in Paris, France both in the present day and during the late 1700s whilst the French Revolution is reaching its peak.