My True Love Gave to Me edited by Stephanie Perkins (UK edition)
Title: My True Love Gave To Me: Twelve Winter Romances
Editor: Stephanie Perkins
Authors: Holly Black, Ally Carter, Matt de la Peña, Gayle Forman, Jenny Han, David Levithan, Kelly Link, Myra McEntire, Stephanie Perkins, Rainbow Rowell, Laini Taylor, Kiersten White
Genre: Contemporary, Fantasy, Romance, Short Story, Young Adult
Publisher: Macmillan Children’s Books (9th October 2014)
On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me . . .
This beautiful collection features twelve gorgeously romantic stories set during the festive period, by some of the most talented and exciting YA authors writing today. The stories are filled with the magic of first love and the magic of the holidays.
Rating: *** (3 stars)
MY TRUE LOVE GAVE TO ME is a collection of Young Adult short stories edited by Stephanie Perkins. All twelve of the short stories are set during the Christmas period. Each story varies in length, some of the stories read like a contemporary story, whilst others are more fantastic.
First THANK YOU to everyone who entered the giveaway!
Congratulations to Carmen who won Pack 1
Liv Wakefield who won Pack 2.
Could you both please email me at theflutterbyroom [at] gmail [dot] com with your name and address so I can send the prizes out to you ASAP. I appologise for not emailing you, but I forgot to ask for email addresses in the form – d’oh! I will also try and contact you via Twitter for this info.
My bookshelves are WAY beyond full. Seriously. I have 311 books, not counting my manga and comic collection, or any books that may in some way be related to study (if I tilt my head and squint, maybe). I just don’t have the space for any more books, so I NEED to clear out at least some of the books.
Normally when I clear out my bookshelves I give the books to a local charity, but this time as most of the books I want to giveaway have been published relatively recently and because I recently posted about books I really want to get my hands on that have already been published for a Top Ten Tuesday (you can find the post here) I thought I would hold a giveaway on the blog.
I am giving away 9 books as two prizes – 1 x 5 books & 1 x 4 books. All the books are in good to excellent condition – unfortunately a couple have lines down their spine, sorry. As I am giving away so many books I’m afraid that I’m only going to open this competition to people who live in the UK and Ireland. If you live somewhere else, don’t worry, if you check back in early September I’m going to be doing an International giveaway. Lucky, my dog, managed to sneak into the pictures.
Pack 1 (5 books)
- x 1, Across the Universe by Beth Revis
- x 1, Slated by Terri Terry
- x 1, Boy Meets Boy by David Levithan
- x 1, Struck by Jennifer Bosworth
- x 1, Wither by Lauren DeStefano
Pack 2 (4 books)
- x 1, Torn by Amanda Hocking
- x 1, Switched by Amanda Hocking
- x 1, Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly
- x 1, A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray
So, now you’ve seen what the prizes are it’s time for the rules.
- To enter this competition you must be aged 13 years old or older (on 16th July 2012).
- This competition is open to the UK and Ireland ONLY.
- +1 (extra) entry if you promote this giveaway on your twitter, blog, or tumblr. (You must provide a link so I can verify this)
- The giveaway runs from 16th July 2012 12:00 BST to 29th July 2012 12:00 BST. The winners will be announced on the blog on 30th July at 12:00 BST. The winners will also receive an email from me to confirm details for shipping the prizes on that day.
- The winners will have 72 hours from the 30th July at 12:00 BST to respond to my email, if they do not respond within that time a new winner will be chosen.
- Each entry will be assigned a number. The winner will be picked by The True Random Number Generator at Random.org
- TheFlutterbyRoom is not responsible for any loss or damage of the book in transit.
- TheFlutterbyRoom reserves the right to cancel this competition at any time without any prior warning.
- TheFlutterbyRoom reserves the right to disqualify any entry at any time.
- Please do not leave any identifying details (such as full name, or email address) in the comment section.
CONTEST NOW CLOSED.
Boy Meets Boy by David Levithan
Title: Boy Meets Boy
Author: David Levithan
Genre: Romance, Young Adult
Publisher: HarperCollins (9th September 2003)
‘There isn’t really a gay scene or a straight scene in our town. They all got mixed up a while back, which I think is for the best . . . And whether your heart is strictly ballroom or bluegrass punk, the dance floors are open to whatever you have to offer. This is my town.’
Meet PAUL. Gay his whole life, and finding love as wonderful, confusing and heartbreaking as every other teenager in his high school.
Meet Paul’s friends:
JONI – his best friend, who may not be his best friend any more;
TONY – his other best friend, who can’t leave the house unless his parent’s think he’s going on a date . . . with a girl;
INFINITE DARLENE – homecoming queen and star quarterback on the football team;
KYLE – the ex-boyfriend who won’t go away;
RIP – the school bookie who sets odds;
And NOAH – the boy who changes everything.
Witty, engaging, refreshingly upbeat and slightly surreal, this book is a celebration of love in all forms.
Rating: *** (3 stars)
This is another book I picked up because it was on Sarah Rees Brennan (which you can find here). I’d also heard good things about the author, so I decided to give it a try.