As you can no doubt tell from the date, I am late (and not just a little) getting this post up on the blog. I was ill from mid-June to September, and then I just kept putting it off. As we are edging ever closer to box 9, I thought I should probably get on with it and put up my thoughts about this quarter’s box. If you are thinking of signing up for a box you can find out more details on the Illumicrate website here.
I was pleasantly surprised by this quarter’s box. The book was actually one I had been thinking of buying anyway, and I almost asked for it for my birthday. So I am really looking forward to reading it. I also really liked all the items in the box, and I’m curious about the ARC.
Doesn’t it look pretty?! I’m also really happy with the packaging, as nothing broke in transit. The box may have been a little battered and bruised, but the contents themselves were fine.
- The Red Church Tea by T-ology, which was exclusive to the box.
- A Shakespeare Zip Bag with artwork by Miss Phi, which was exclusive to the box.
- The Wisdom Journal designed by Hey Atlas Creative, which was exclusive to the box.
- The Alethiometer Coaster with artwork by Hannah Hitchman Art, which was exclusive to the box.
- The Book Money Jar and Sticky Bookmarks were by Blossom Books.
- Ringer (Replica 2) by Lauren Oliver bookmark.
- After the Fire by Will Hill bookmark.
- Harper 360 autumn releases postcard.
- The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden bookmark.
- Moxie badges/pins.
- A Wonder Woman pin/badge, which was exclusive to the box.
- An exclusive edition (with red sprayed edges) of Wonder Woman: Warbringer (DC Icons, 1) by Leigh Bardugo (Goodreads)
- An exclusive edition advanced reader copy of Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, 1) by Scott Reintgen (Goodreads)
Congratulations for making it this far down the post. Let me know in the comments if you’re thinking of signing up for an Illumicrate (you can sign-up here), and what your favourite item from this quarter’s box is.