A HUGE thank you to everyone who entered my giveaway, to have the chance of getting a signed copy of Nature Mage by Duncan Pile. It was my first giveaway – the first competition held on this blog – so I was a little nervous.
Congratulations to Sadie Forsythe for winning the giveaway. I have sent you an email, please let me know if you haven’t received it.
As promised I am giving away a signed copy of Duncan Pile’s Nature Magic.This is a late celebration of TheFlutterbyRoom’s First Blogversary.
To enter and have a chance of winning, follow the linkie –> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dFJmQV9ydGkyQnFwN0lsMnRNUndnamc6MQ Giveaway is now CLOSED. Check back tomorrow to see the winner.
- To enter this competition you must be 13 years old or older.
- This competition is open internationally (except where prohibited by law)
- +1 entry if you promote this giveaway on your twitter, blog, or tumblr.
- The giveaway runs from 10th April 2012 12:00 BST to 13th April 2012 12:00 BST. The winner will be announced on the blog on 14th April at 12:00 BST. They will also be emailed.
- The winner will have 72 hours from the 14th April at 12:00 BST to respond to my email, if they do not respond within that time a new winner will be chosen.
- Each entry will be assigned a number. The winner will be picked by The True Random Number Generator at Random.org
- TheFlutterbyRoom is not responsible for any loss or damage of the book in transit.
- TheFlutterbyRoom reserves the right to cancel this competition at any time without any prior warning.
- TheFlutterbyRoom reserves the right to disqualify any entry at any time.
Good luck! Even if you don’t win, make sure to pick up this book.
Title: Nature Mage
Author: Duncan Pile
Genre: Swords and Sorcery, Young Adult
Publisher: New Generation Publishing (7th September 2011)
Gaspi is an ordinary boy, living in the mountain village of Aemon’s Reach, but life, for Gaspi, is forever changed the day magic erupts in him. He discovers he has a powerful gift – he is a Nature Mage, able to control natural forces and creatures and bend them to his will. It is a rare gift, and no-one has been born with it in centuries, but Gaspi’s powers also have a dark side, and without training they will kill him. He is forced to leave his home and travel to the distant city of Helioport, where the Archmages of the College of Collective Magicks will teach him how to use his powers.
Accompanied by his guardian and his best friends, Gaspi sets off on the long journey to Helioport. The journey is fraught with danger, and Gaspi and his friends discover that there are demonic creatures abroad, intent on finding and killing anyone with magical ability.
As Gaspi begins his magical studies, a shadow hangs over him and over the city of magicians. Gaspi’s story of a demonic attack is not an isolated incident. As these stories multiply, Hephistole, the Chancellor of the college, is growing increasingly certain that someone or something is directing the demonic forces, but who, and to what end? As things unfold, Gaspi finds himself in the middle of dark and terrible times, and can only hope that his powerful gift will develop in time to make a difference when the time comes
Rating:**** (4 stars)
Nature Mage is the first book of a trilogy, Duncan Pile has recently finished (I believe) writing the second book in the trilogy. It is about a boy who lives in an isolated village who one day discovers that he has magick.
Becki is the owner and blogger on The Flutterby Room. She has an MA English through the Open University, and she gained her BA (Hons) English with Creative Writing from University College Falmouth. Books have been a huge part of her life for as long as she can remember, and although she is primarily a reader she does occasionally dabble with writing. When not reading (which isn’t that often) Becki can be found cooking, baking or listening to music – and sometimes doing two of the three at once.
Becki is snowed under with books, and is not currently accepting anything for review. She is hoping to change this in the future, when she has reduced her reading pile to a more manageable level. The Flutterby Room is however always open to guest posts, author interviews, and promoting upcoming releases. If you are interested in this, then you can find more information here.
- RT @harperteen: Trying to find a book to read this summer? @EpicReads has a quiz for that. epicreads.com/blog/quiz-what… http://t.co/A6FY3glyMq 4 hours ago
- RT @HMHKids: Just a suggestion. #booklove #bookstagram #read instagram.com/p/qw7A6NhWU8/ 4 hours ago
- RT @bookswithacuppa: Getting ready for tomorrow's #NTFG readalong! *bounces* You can still join us! booksbiscuitsandtea.co.uk/posts/no-time-… @orion_crime htt… 5 hours ago
- RT @Iearnsomething: This is what the wildfires in Leavenworth, WA look like. http://t.co/Uny7Lzv346 5 hours ago
- RT @LeicesterTigers: Win tickets to Tigers' @premrugby 7s leg on Sat, Aug 2 at Darlington. Use #WeLove7s and tell us why you love 7s for a … 7 hours ago
- RT @SummersTale: .@LKHamilton I can picture Anita grabbing me &I would find myself loved for who I was no matter who slept in my bed.💜 http… 8 hours ago
- RT @CassietheWeird: Only a few days left! Win a signed arc of TALON and a custom dragon figurine by @jkagawa juliekagawa.blogspot.com.au/2014/07/dragon… 8 hours ago
- RT @sarahmedway: "Life" size statues of Paddington Bear around London - The Paddington Trail sounds magnificent: bit.ly/1wVtWuV 8 hours ago
- RT @letour: Happy Birthday Prince George ! 🇬🇧 @letouryorkshire http://t.co/g8Ie4GFfe4 10 hours ago
- RT @LeicesterTigers: The pitch gets a cut as the stage takes shape for the @LeicesterMF #lmf leicestertigers.com/tickets/lmf.php http://t.co/ZmpFOH2Lr8 11 hours ago
Series I ♥
Want your own banners? Then visit i'm loving books.