ICYMI Sunday 4 – I’m holding a Giveaway!
ICYMI (In Case You Missed It) Sunday is a new meme that I am planning to feature on the blog every week. It is based on the Sunday Post which is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer, which was in turn inspired in part by the In My Mailbox meme. Basically, it allows me to let you know what went on the blog this week and anything interesting that is going on. It will also allow me to showcase any books I receive like the Showcase Sunday which is hosted by Vicky at Books, Biscuits, and Tea.
The first week of March has been a good week. The book I pre-ordered has arrived, but more of that later, and I seem to be slowly hauling myself out of my reading slump. Yay! Whoops! Apparently I was more tired than I thought when I wrote this last night. You can definitely tell that spring is arriving in the UK, there’s been plenty of sun and blue sky this week – although the mornings haven’t always been as nice as the afternoons, with mist and such. I seem to have got back into the reading groove, which I’m pleased about. Hopefully I’ll keep it up this week.
There were two posts on the blog this week:
- 5 star review of THE COLDEST GIRL IN COLDTOWN by Holly Black
- GIVEAWAY – 1 copy of THE COLDEST GIRL IN COLDTOWN by Holly Black //signed// and 1 copy of DOLL BONES by Holly Black. Open Internationally. Follow the link to enter and for the rules.
What else is going on? Not a lot of news this week compared with last, but I think there’s still some interesting stuff.
- The Guardian observes a survey by Booktrust, which shows a significant link between class divisions and how much time people devote to reading. You can find more here (http://www.theguardian.com/books/2014/mar/11/survey-class-divide-reading-habits?CMP=twt_fd) And just in case you’re like me and don’t know, ABCDE refer to socio-economic categories…
- SUVUDU have a new release interview with Kim Harrison about THE UNDEAD POOL – the penultimate book in her HOLLOWS series – here (http://paranormal.suvudu.com/2014/03/new-release-interview-the-undead- pool-by-kim-harrison.html)
- Code Name: Comic Maker! On 15th and 16th March Discover Children’s Story Centre in London are having an illustrator event where some great illustrators are on hand all day to guide you through making your own comic. For more info follow the link (http://www.discover.org.uk/whatson/event/code-name-comic-maker-the-big-write-stories-remixed) I know it’s short notice, but if you’re down in London Town anyway you might want to check it out.
- Anne Rice has announced that she is writing another book in THE VAMPIRE CHRONICLES focusing on Lestat de Lioncourt called PRINCE LESTAT find out more here (http://www.themarysue.com/anne-rice-writing-more-lestat/).
- Goodreads has an interview with Melissa de la Cruz where members of the site have submitted questions and she has answered some of them. (https://www.goodreads.com/interviews/show/937.Melissa_de_la_Cruz)
Not as much news this week, but there are some interesting things going on. I’m in two minds about THE VAMPIRE CHRONICLES news, but I guess I’ll have to wait until October to know for sure. And I really enjoyed Melissa de la Cruz’s interview. No new books from me this week – I’m still playing catch-up with my tbr, but the pile is getting smaller so hopefully I’ll be able to get new books soon-ish.
I would love to hear what you’ve been up to this week and what books, if any, you’ve got so please leave me a link in the comments below.
Thanks for stopping by
Becki is the owner and blogger on The Flutterby Room. She has an MA English through the Open University, and she gained her BA (Hons) English with Creative Writing from University College Falmouth. Books have been a huge part of her life for as long as she can remember, and although she is primarily a reader she does occasionally dabble with writing. When not reading (which isn’t that often) Becki can be found cooking, baking or listening to music – and sometimes doing two of the three at once.
The Flutterby Room is on hiatus throughout the month of March 2015.
- RT @johnianstone: V excited about co-hosting #ukmgchat with @bookboyben on Weds. Check in with us on the hashtag at 8 - we're talking WORLD… 4 hours ago
- RT @BBCr4today: 'Don't demonise Muslim community' - ex-MI5 chief Baroness Manningham-Buller on #7July2005 bbc.in/1UuHsEk http://t.… 4 hours ago
- RT @KidsBloomsbury: The Throne of Glass readalong has begun with THE ASSASSIN'S BLADE! Share your feels with #ReadThroneofGlass http://t.co… 4 hours ago
- RT @guardiannews: 7/7 bombings: Britain to fall silent in memory of attacks – live d.gu.com/BRf8dS 4 hours ago
- RT @HuffPostUK: Boris Johnson and David Cameron carry wreathes at the July 7 memorial in Hyde Park huff.to/1LPxQQG http://t.co/kQHMB… 4 hours ago
- RT @pbookmakers: Benji Davies presents his stunning new picturebook, ‘Grandad’s Island’. j.mp/1LPDnHa #GrandadsIsland http://t.co… 4 hours ago
- RT @BBCRadio4: How the day of the 7/7 bombings unfolded, as told by the @LondonFire Brigade bbc.in/1LPEdnd 4 hours ago
- RT @bookiemoji: ICYMI: #giveaway #YA INTL 🎉📚 twitter.com/bookiemoji/sta… 7 hours ago
- RT @veschwab: Look at this beautiful birthday present (yes, I opened it a day early) from bookseller and dear friend, @laurathe6th! http://… 7 hours ago
- RT @BBCRadio4: Think you know your #cumberfacts? Prove it with our Cumberquiz: bbc.in/1UryQOF 17 hours ago
Series I ♥
Want your own banners? Then visit i'm loving books.