ICYMI Sunday 4 – I’m holding a Giveaway!
ICYMI (In Case You Missed It) Sunday is a new meme that I am planning to feature on the blog every week. It is based on the Sunday Post which is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer, which was in turn inspired in part by the In My Mailbox meme. Basically, it allows me to let you know what went on the blog this week and anything interesting that is going on. It will also allow me to showcase any books I receive like the Showcase Sunday which is hosted by Vicky at Books, Biscuits, and Tea.
The first week of March has been a good week. The book I pre-ordered has arrived, but more of that later, and I seem to be slowly hauling myself out of my reading slump. Yay! Whoops! Apparently I was more tired than I thought when I wrote this last night. You can definitely tell that spring is arriving in the UK, there’s been plenty of sun and blue sky this week – although the mornings haven’t always been as nice as the afternoons, with mist and such. I seem to have got back into the reading groove, which I’m pleased about. Hopefully I’ll keep it up this week.
There were two posts on the blog this week:
- 5 star review of THE COLDEST GIRL IN COLDTOWN by Holly Black
- GIVEAWAY – 1 copy of THE COLDEST GIRL IN COLDTOWN by Holly Black //signed// and 1 copy of DOLL BONES by Holly Black. Open Internationally. Follow the link to enter and for the rules.
What else is going on? Not a lot of news this week compared with last, but I think there’s still some interesting stuff.
- The Guardian observes a survey by Booktrust, which shows a significant link between class divisions and how much time people devote to reading. You can find more here (http://www.theguardian.com/books/2014/mar/11/survey-class-divide-reading-habits?CMP=twt_fd) And just in case you’re like me and don’t know, ABCDE refer to socio-economic categories…
- SUVUDU have a new release interview with Kim Harrison about THE UNDEAD POOL – the penultimate book in her HOLLOWS series – here (http://paranormal.suvudu.com/2014/03/new-release-interview-the-undead- pool-by-kim-harrison.html)
- Code Name: Comic Maker! On 15th and 16th March Discover Children’s Story Centre in London are having an illustrator event where some great illustrators are on hand all day to guide you through making your own comic. For more info follow the link (http://www.discover.org.uk/whatson/event/code-name-comic-maker-the-big-write-stories-remixed) I know it’s short notice, but if you’re down in London Town anyway you might want to check it out.
- Anne Rice has announced that she is writing another book in THE VAMPIRE CHRONICLES focusing on Lestat de Lioncourt called PRINCE LESTAT find out more here (http://www.themarysue.com/anne-rice-writing-more-lestat/).
- Goodreads has an interview with Melissa de la Cruz where members of the site have submitted questions and she has answered some of them. (https://www.goodreads.com/interviews/show/937.Melissa_de_la_Cruz)
Not as much news this week, but there are some interesting things going on. I’m in two minds about THE VAMPIRE CHRONICLES news, but I guess I’ll have to wait until October to know for sure. And I really enjoyed Melissa de la Cruz’s interview. No new books from me this week – I’m still playing catch-up with my tbr, but the pile is getting smaller so hopefully I’ll be able to get new books soon-ish.
I would love to hear what you’ve been up to this week and what books, if any, you’ve got so please leave me a link in the comments below.
Thanks for stopping by
Becki is the owner and blogger on The Flutterby Room. She has an MA English through the Open University, and she gained her BA (Hons) English with Creative Writing from University College Falmouth. Books have been a huge part of her life for as long as she can remember, and although she is primarily a reader she does occasionally dabble with writing. When not reading (which isn’t that often) Becki can be found cooking, baking or listening to music – and sometimes doing two of the three at once.
Becki is currently tentatively interested in receiving books for review as she has nearly reached the bottom of her TBR (for the moment). The Flutterby Room is however always open to guest posts, author interviews, and promoting upcoming releases. If you are interested in this, then you can find more information here.
- RT @gfxmaven: Fan-made trailer for Marvel vs DC movie is the most epic crossover we’ll never see digitaltrends.com/movies/fan-mad… 2 hours ago
- RT @PRHCareersUK: Offices will be closed Christmas Eve afternoon and we will be back in business on 5th January, but we still have lots of … 16 hours ago
- RT @SkintLondon: The International Space Station passes overhead twice TODAY 4.40 & 6.16pm. Tell the kids it's Santa's sleigh! http://t.co/… 1 day ago
- RT @BeatrixPotter: . . . Twelve books for reading. Stay tuned for the winner of all 12 gifts, and Merry Christmas! #12daysofPeterRabbit htt… 1 day ago
- RT @FalmouthUni: Our unique status has seen us ranked third amongst modern universities in @thesundaytimes Good University Guide 2015: http… 1 day ago
- RT @mcahogarth: Reminder: in a little under 3 hours, I'll be hosting my livestream party! Hope to see some of you there! http://t.co/788qOW… 2 days ago
- @Doc_Megz yay! Glad it's finally arrived. Hope you enjoy both of them. 2 days ago
- RT @NemoandGiraffe: The paperback version of Nemo and Giraffe is also now available for £4.99! amzn.to/1r9Cxgz http://t.co/IbnmYNVQuc 2 days ago
- RT @LeicesterTigers: Tigers' trip to Saints kicks-off at 3.15pm and it's live on @btsportrugby See tinyurl.com/nbxrbbj for Tigers team n… 2 days ago
- RT @ShazamHarrison: Excited to be involved in the tigers saints derby today, hopefully it will be worth missing my sisters wedding for!! #t… 2 days ago
Series I ♥
Want your own banners? Then visit i'm loving books.