Review: My Soul to Steal by Rachel Vincent
Title: My Soul to Steal (Soul Screamers #4)
Author: Rachel Vincent
Genre: Urban Fantasy, Young Adult
Publisher: MiraInk (21st October 2011)
DO COME TRUE . . .
AND THAT’S THE LAST
THINK KAYLEE NEEDS
Working things out with Nash – her maybe boyfriend – is hard for Kaylee. She’s already coping with being a teenage banshee. Worse, Nash’s gorgeous ex-girlfriend just transferred to their school.
Sabine’s no ordinary girl. She’s a mara, a real-life walking nightmare. Draining people’s energy through their darkest dreams sustains Sabine . . . and makes her Kaylee’s top suspect in a cluster of sup-creepy deaths.
To win back Nash, Kaylee’s determined to unearth the truth. But Sabine knows the deathly secrets of Kaylee’s subconscious – and she’s not afraid to use them to get whatever and whoever she wants . . .
Rating: **** (4 stars)
My Soul to Steal is the fourth book in Rachel Vincent’s brilliant Soul Screamers series. It continues the story of Kaylee and her friends as they struggle against the forces of the Netherworld.
My Soul to Steal was a brilliant continuation of the Soul Screamers series, and an exciting and enthralling read. I especially loved the introduction of Sabine. She not only to spiced up the plot, but she also delivered a few home truths to Kaylee (who was kind enough to return the favour). There was one truth in particular, which Tod later reiterates, that I totally agreed with as I was complaining about it in my head as I read.
This book reunites us with Kaylee, Nash, Tod, and Emma. The book starts about two weeks after the end of My Soul to Keep, so Kaylee is still reeling from the events of the book – as are Nash and Tod. And, as I mentioned earlier, we meet a new face in the form of Sabine. I think they make an interesting group. There was certainly a LOT of drama in the book, which helped to make it difficult to put the book down.
The plot was really engrossing, and there were more than a few twists and turns that I didn’t see coming. It was really interesting to watch Kaylee respond to Sabine. It was also nice to see Kaylee struggle through her jealousy to try and find out what was really going on – though she did have some prodding to help her.
Overall I think My Soul to Steal is a brilliant addition to the Soul Screamers series. I look forward to reading the next book.
Becki is the owner and blogger on The Flutterby Room. She has an MA English through the Open University, and she gained her BA (Hons) English with Creative Writing from University College Falmouth. Books have been a huge part of her life for as long as she can remember, and although she is primarily a reader she does occasionally dabble with writing. When not reading (which isn’t that often) Becki can be found cooking, baking or listening to music – and sometimes doing two of the three at once.
The Flutterby Room is on hiatus throughout the month of March 2015.
- RT @johnianstone: V excited about co-hosting #ukmgchat with @bookboyben on Weds. Check in with us on the hashtag at 8 - we're talking WORLD… 4 hours ago
- RT @BBCr4today: 'Don't demonise Muslim community' - ex-MI5 chief Baroness Manningham-Buller on #7July2005 bbc.in/1UuHsEk http://t.… 4 hours ago
- RT @KidsBloomsbury: The Throne of Glass readalong has begun with THE ASSASSIN'S BLADE! Share your feels with #ReadThroneofGlass http://t.co… 4 hours ago
- RT @guardiannews: 7/7 bombings: Britain to fall silent in memory of attacks – live d.gu.com/BRf8dS 4 hours ago
- RT @HuffPostUK: Boris Johnson and David Cameron carry wreathes at the July 7 memorial in Hyde Park huff.to/1LPxQQG http://t.co/kQHMB… 4 hours ago
- RT @pbookmakers: Benji Davies presents his stunning new picturebook, ‘Grandad’s Island’. j.mp/1LPDnHa #GrandadsIsland http://t.co… 4 hours ago
- RT @BBCRadio4: How the day of the 7/7 bombings unfolded, as told by the @LondonFire Brigade bbc.in/1LPEdnd 4 hours ago
- RT @bookiemoji: ICYMI: #giveaway #YA INTL 🎉📚 twitter.com/bookiemoji/sta… 7 hours ago
- RT @veschwab: Look at this beautiful birthday present (yes, I opened it a day early) from bookseller and dear friend, @laurathe6th! http://… 7 hours ago
- RT @BBCRadio4: Think you know your #cumberfacts? Prove it with our Cumberquiz: bbc.in/1UryQOF 17 hours ago
Series I ♥
Want your own banners? Then visit i'm loving books.