Review: My Soul to Steal by Rachel Vincent
Title: My Soul to Steal (Soul Screamers #4)
Author: Rachel Vincent
Genre: Urban Fantasy, Young Adult
Publisher: MiraInk (21st October 2011)
DO COME TRUE . . .
AND THAT’S THE LAST
THINK KAYLEE NEEDS
Working things out with Nash – her maybe boyfriend – is hard for Kaylee. She’s already coping with being a teenage banshee. Worse, Nash’s gorgeous ex-girlfriend just transferred to their school.
Sabine’s no ordinary girl. She’s a mara, a real-life walking nightmare. Draining people’s energy through their darkest dreams sustains Sabine . . . and makes her Kaylee’s top suspect in a cluster of sup-creepy deaths.
To win back Nash, Kaylee’s determined to unearth the truth. But Sabine knows the deathly secrets of Kaylee’s subconscious – and she’s not afraid to use them to get whatever and whoever she wants . . .
Rating: **** (4 stars)
My Soul to Steal is the fourth book in Rachel Vincent’s brilliant Soul Screamers series. It continues the story of Kaylee and her friends as they struggle against the forces of the Netherworld.
My Soul to Steal was a brilliant continuation of the Soul Screamers series, and an exciting and enthralling read. I especially loved the introduction of Sabine. She not only to spiced up the plot, but she also delivered a few home truths to Kaylee (who was kind enough to return the favour). There was one truth in particular, which Tod later reiterates, that I totally agreed with as I was complaining about it in my head as I read.
This book reunites us with Kaylee, Nash, Tod, and Emma. The book starts about two weeks after the end of My Soul to Keep, so Kaylee is still reeling from the events of the book – as are Nash and Tod. And, as I mentioned earlier, we meet a new face in the form of Sabine. I think they make an interesting group. There was certainly a LOT of drama in the book, which helped to make it difficult to put the book down.
The plot was really engrossing, and there were more than a few twists and turns that I didn’t see coming. It was really interesting to watch Kaylee respond to Sabine. It was also nice to see Kaylee struggle through her jealousy to try and find out what was really going on – though she did have some prodding to help her.
Overall I think My Soul to Steal is a brilliant addition to the Soul Screamers series. I look forward to reading the next book.
Becki is the owner and blogger on The Flutterby Room. She has an MA English through the Open University, and she gained her BA (Hons) English with Creative Writing from University College Falmouth. Books have been a huge part of her life for as long as she can remember, and although she is primarily a reader she does occasionally dabble with writing. When not reading (which isn’t that often) Becki can be found cooking, baking or listening to music – and sometimes doing two of the three at once.
Becki is snowed under with books, and is not currently accepting anything for review. She is hoping to change this in the future, when she has reduced her reading pile to a more manageable level. The Flutterby Room is however always open to guest posts, author interviews, and promoting upcoming releases. If you are interested in this, then you can find more information here.
- @RandomHouseUK happy Monday to you too! 30 minutes ago
- RT @raimy_rawr: Are you all aware of the YES matters campaign? I've signed especially after the ridiculous reaction of my co-workers http:/… 33 minutes ago
- RT @BloomsburyBooks: Proud but not surprised that our inspiring @GilbertLiz is on this list of Top 10 #tedtalks. Which is your favourite?ht… 34 minutes ago
- RT @ProjectUKYA: There will be another #ukyachat on FRIDAY at 5:30 PM. Hope to see lots of you there! 36 minutes ago
- Good thing I'm off to bed, as I've just realised that people are talking about #Cosmos not #Cosmo #opps 8 hours ago
- Photo: Concept art for Tangled by Craig Mullins tmblr.co/Zv_19w19gnae6 11 hours ago
- Photo: sarahreesbrennan: letmedrawsomething: Seb: I’m a good boy. I mean, I have some issues, like... tmblr.co/Zv_19w19gkRh3 11 hours ago
- @daydreamin_star :( 11 hours ago
- Reading actually went to plan...I am amazed! 12 hours ago
- Photoset: plinys: “To the people clinging to the notion that female-led pictures are a niche genre, people... tmblr.co/Zv_19w19gE6Uk 13 hours ago
Series I ♥
Want your own banners? Then visit i'm loving books.