Review: My Soul to Steal by Rachel Vincent
Title: My Soul to Steal (Soul Screamers #4)
Author: Rachel Vincent
Genre: Urban Fantasy, Young Adult
Publisher: MiraInk (21st October 2011)
DO COME TRUE . . .
AND THAT’S THE LAST
THINK KAYLEE NEEDS
Working things out with Nash – her maybe boyfriend – is hard for Kaylee. She’s already coping with being a teenage banshee. Worse, Nash’s gorgeous ex-girlfriend just transferred to their school.
Sabine’s no ordinary girl. She’s a mara, a real-life walking nightmare. Draining people’s energy through their darkest dreams sustains Sabine . . . and makes her Kaylee’s top suspect in a cluster of sup-creepy deaths.
To win back Nash, Kaylee’s determined to unearth the truth. But Sabine knows the deathly secrets of Kaylee’s subconscious – and she’s not afraid to use them to get whatever and whoever she wants . . .
Rating: **** (4 stars)
My Soul to Steal is the fourth book in Rachel Vincent’s brilliant Soul Screamers series. It continues the story of Kaylee and her friends as they struggle against the forces of the Netherworld.
My Soul to Steal was a brilliant continuation of the Soul Screamers series, and an exciting and enthralling read. I especially loved the introduction of Sabine. She not only to spiced up the plot, but she also delivered a few home truths to Kaylee (who was kind enough to return the favour). There was one truth in particular, which Tod later reiterates, that I totally agreed with as I was complaining about it in my head as I read.
This book reunites us with Kaylee, Nash, Tod, and Emma. The book starts about two weeks after the end of My Soul to Keep, so Kaylee is still reeling from the events of the book – as are Nash and Tod. And, as I mentioned earlier, we meet a new face in the form of Sabine. I think they make an interesting group. There was certainly a LOT of drama in the book, which helped to make it difficult to put the book down.
The plot was really engrossing, and there were more than a few twists and turns that I didn’t see coming. It was really interesting to watch Kaylee respond to Sabine. It was also nice to see Kaylee struggle through her jealousy to try and find out what was really going on – though she did have some prodding to help her.
Overall I think My Soul to Steal is a brilliant addition to the Soul Screamers series. I look forward to reading the next book.
Becki is the owner and blogger on The Flutterby Room. She has an MA English through the Open University, and she gained her BA (Hons) English with Creative Writing from University College Falmouth. Books have been a huge part of her life for as long as she can remember, and although she is primarily a reader she does occasionally dabble with writing. When not reading (which isn’t that often) Becki can be found cooking, baking or listening to music – and sometimes doing two of the three at once.
Becki is currently tentatively interested in receiving books for review as she has nearly reached the bottom of her TBR (for the moment). The Flutterby Room is however always open to guest posts, author interviews, and promoting upcoming releases. If you are interested in this, then you can find more information here.
- RT @Harry_Tennison: Open day @FalmouthUni was pretty cool. Loved that they share all the dietary information in their cafe! #smallthing 1 hour ago
- RT @kingsleydc: New course launch for @softfalmouth, BSc Computing for Games - apply through @UCAS now falmouth.ac.uk/computing-for-… @falmouthuni … 1 hour ago
- RT @LeicesterTigers: Final score in @EPCRugby #ChampionsCup Pool 3: Ulster 13 Toulon 23 1 hour ago
- @HAtraffic_swest heavy slow moving traffic round #M5 junction 20, do you know why? 5 hours ago
- RT @HAtraffic_swest: We've had to close 2 lanes #M5 J14-J15 southbound while the fire service deal with an incident. Traffic passing in lan… 5 hours ago
- RT @LeicesterTigers: Safe journey to the #Tigersfamily heading to Scarlets 7 hours ago
- RT @marksandspencer: The memories will always #LiveOn > bit.ly/1z0oNXJ http://t.co/4n1WaDb9Z3 10 hours ago
- RT @chloeneill: And this, folks, is How To Be A Class Act 101 via @TheOrlandoJones. theorlandojones.tumblr.com/post/100609211… 10 hours ago
- RT @arrowpublishing: Something strange is occurring in @Waterstones... #WaterstonesSleepover http://t.co/O9Z0kq7S0m 16 hours ago
- @steakuccino thank you for tweeting about my video :) 20 hours ago
Series I ♥
Want your own banners? Then visit i'm loving books.