Review: My Soul to Steal by Rachel Vincent
Title: My Soul to Steal (Soul Screamers #4)
Author: Rachel Vincent
Genre: Urban Fantasy, Young Adult
Publisher: MiraInk (21st October 2011)
DO COME TRUE . . .
AND THAT’S THE LAST
THINK KAYLEE NEEDS
Working things out with Nash – her maybe boyfriend – is hard for Kaylee. She’s already coping with being a teenage banshee. Worse, Nash’s gorgeous ex-girlfriend just transferred to their school.
Sabine’s no ordinary girl. She’s a mara, a real-life walking nightmare. Draining people’s energy through their darkest dreams sustains Sabine . . . and makes her Kaylee’s top suspect in a cluster of sup-creepy deaths.
To win back Nash, Kaylee’s determined to unearth the truth. But Sabine knows the deathly secrets of Kaylee’s subconscious – and she’s not afraid to use them to get whatever and whoever she wants . . .
Rating: **** (4 stars)
My Soul to Steal is the fourth book in Rachel Vincent’s brilliant Soul Screamers series. It continues the story of Kaylee and her friends as they struggle against the forces of the Netherworld.
My Soul to Steal was a brilliant continuation of the Soul Screamers series, and an exciting and enthralling read. I especially loved the introduction of Sabine. She not only to spiced up the plot, but she also delivered a few home truths to Kaylee (who was kind enough to return the favour). There was one truth in particular, which Tod later reiterates, that I totally agreed with as I was complaining about it in my head as I read.
This book reunites us with Kaylee, Nash, Tod, and Emma. The book starts about two weeks after the end of My Soul to Keep, so Kaylee is still reeling from the events of the book – as are Nash and Tod. And, as I mentioned earlier, we meet a new face in the form of Sabine. I think they make an interesting group. There was certainly a LOT of drama in the book, which helped to make it difficult to put the book down.
The plot was really engrossing, and there were more than a few twists and turns that I didn’t see coming. It was really interesting to watch Kaylee respond to Sabine. It was also nice to see Kaylee struggle through her jealousy to try and find out what was really going on – though she did have some prodding to help her.
Overall I think My Soul to Steal is a brilliant addition to the Soul Screamers series. I look forward to reading the next book.
I've recently completed my English MA with the Open University which I'm really pleased about. I'm a long-time bookaholic and chocolate fan.
You can find out more about me here.
If you have a book you'd like me to consider for review, then please have a look at my review policy.
- RT @EverardsTiger: All set up @LeicesterTigers Christmas Market! Make sure you come and see us! #TigerMinikeg #Tigersfamily http://t.co/fG… 6 hours ago
- RT @EverardsTiger: Come down to the @LeicesterTigers Christmas Market today b4 the match and say hello! Plenty of gifts for #xmas includin… 6 hours ago
- RT @LeicesterTigers: As it's our closest home game to Christmas, DJs Thrust and Power are asking for festive #Tigerstunes requests 8 hours ago
- RT @LeicesterTigers: The sun is shining on Welford Road for another #HeinekenCup matchday. Tickets still available on 0844 866 1880 http://… 8 hours ago
- RT @TheTweetOfGod: #stupidity is trending. Not on Twitter, just in general. 10 hours ago
- RT @EMTrains: HEAR YE. HEAR YE. All of our timetables change tomorrow! Find your new times here: ow.ly/rmwoJ 20 hours ago
- RT @HeathrowAirport: Due to an aır traffıc control technical issue, flıghts from many UK aırports, ıncludıng Heathrow, are subject to delay… 1 day ago
- RT @LKHamilton: Sadly accurate. “@SciencePorn: Sarcasm at it's best. This deserves endless retweets http://t.co/fR952XOpwN” 1 day ago
- Stupid cold has come back with a vengeance that is just plain mean #tooilltosleep 1 day ago
- RT @TheHappyFoodie: Have a Happy Foodie #Christmas with our #competition: win a £250 @Fortnums Burlington hamper bit.ly/18cXXzV htt… 2 days ago
Series I ♥
Want your own banners? Then visit i'm loving books.