Review: My Soul to Steal by Rachel Vincent
Title: My Soul to Steal (Soul Screamers #4)
Author: Rachel Vincent
Genre: Urban Fantasy, Young Adult
Publisher: MiraInk (21st October 2011)
DO COME TRUE . . .
AND THAT’S THE LAST
THINK KAYLEE NEEDS
Working things out with Nash – her maybe boyfriend – is hard for Kaylee. She’s already coping with being a teenage banshee. Worse, Nash’s gorgeous ex-girlfriend just transferred to their school.
Sabine’s no ordinary girl. She’s a mara, a real-life walking nightmare. Draining people’s energy through their darkest dreams sustains Sabine . . . and makes her Kaylee’s top suspect in a cluster of sup-creepy deaths.
To win back Nash, Kaylee’s determined to unearth the truth. But Sabine knows the deathly secrets of Kaylee’s subconscious – and she’s not afraid to use them to get whatever and whoever she wants . . .
Rating: **** (4 stars)
My Soul to Steal is the fourth book in Rachel Vincent’s brilliant Soul Screamers series. It continues the story of Kaylee and her friends as they struggle against the forces of the Netherworld.
My Soul to Steal was a brilliant continuation of the Soul Screamers series, and an exciting and enthralling read. I especially loved the introduction of Sabine. She not only to spiced up the plot, but she also delivered a few home truths to Kaylee (who was kind enough to return the favour). There was one truth in particular, which Tod later reiterates, that I totally agreed with as I was complaining about it in my head as I read.
This book reunites us with Kaylee, Nash, Tod, and Emma. The book starts about two weeks after the end of My Soul to Keep, so Kaylee is still reeling from the events of the book – as are Nash and Tod. And, as I mentioned earlier, we meet a new face in the form of Sabine. I think they make an interesting group. There was certainly a LOT of drama in the book, which helped to make it difficult to put the book down.
The plot was really engrossing, and there were more than a few twists and turns that I didn’t see coming. It was really interesting to watch Kaylee respond to Sabine. It was also nice to see Kaylee struggle through her jealousy to try and find out what was really going on – though she did have some prodding to help her.
Overall I think My Soul to Steal is a brilliant addition to the Soul Screamers series. I look forward to reading the next book.
Becki is the owner and blogger on The Flutterby Room. She has an MA English through the Open University, and she gained her BA (Hons) English with Creative Writing from University College Falmouth. Books have been a huge part of her life for as long as she can remember, and although she is primarily a reader she does occasionally dabble with writing. When not reading (which isn’t that often) Becki can be found cooking, baking or listening to music – and sometimes doing two of the three at once.
Becki is currently tentatively interested in receiving books for review as she has nearly reached the bottom of her TBR (for the moment). The Flutterby Room is however always open to guest posts, author interviews, and promoting upcoming releases. If you are interested in this, then you can find more information here.
- RT @sarahmedway: My thoughts, and feelings (lots of feelings), on the #AvengersAgeOfUltron trailer: bit.ly/1wrXzEV 29 minutes ago
- RT @NinjaBookSwap: Ben and sams #ninjabookswap gifts plus some for me,already done the puzzles multiple times! Thanks @LavenderLibrary! htt… 29 minutes ago
- Felicia Day's public details put online after she described Gamergate fears - tamorapierce:... tmblr.co/Zv_19w1TsLetG 37 minutes ago
- A HUGE thank you to the lovely @lauralovelock for this brilliant #ninjabookswap parcel. http://t.co/g1uNfKleFa 56 minutes ago
- The Required Reading 101 tag: youtu.be/3K67ncJCnKs?a via @YouTube 1 hour ago
- Do NOT want to think how long this would take if my bandwidth was slower. 1 hour ago
- Currently at 56m and counting. #seriously 1 hour ago
- I see what people mean about uploading stuff to YouTube... The time seems to keep going up. 1 hour ago
- @lynseynewton @daydreamin_star @patchworkbunny really? :( There doesn't seem to be a UK Secret Santa this year then. 2 hours ago
- So Mum has seen my videos and says for first attempts they're not bad. Am super nervous about putting them up though. #scaredycat 2 hours ago
Series I ♥
Want your own banners? Then visit i'm loving books.