Review: Blood Promise by Richelle Mead
As this is the fourth book in the series it may be possible that this review will contain spoilers for previous books in the Vampire Academy series.
Title: Blood Promise (Vampire Academy, #4)
Author: Richelle Mead
Genre: Paranormal Romance, Young Adult
Publisher: RazorBill (4th February 2010)
HOW FAR WILL ROSE GO TO KEEP HER PROMISE?
THE RECENT STRIGOI ATTACKS AT ST. VLADIMIR’S ACADEMY WAS THE DEADLIEST EVER IN THE SCHOOL’S HISTORY, CLAIMING THE LIVES OF MOROI STUDENTS, TEACHERS AND GUARDIANS ALIKE.
Even worse, the Strigoi took some of their victims with them . . . including Dimitri. He’d rather die than be one of them, and now Rose must abandon her best friend, Lissa – the one she has sworn to protect no matter what – and keep the promise Dimitri begged her to make long ago.
But with everything at stake, how can she possibly destroy the one person she loves most?
Rating: **** (4 stars)
Blood Promise is the fourth book in Richelle Mead’s fantastic Vampire Academy series. At the end of Shadow Kissed Rose made a difficult decision, and in Blood Promise we see her choice played out.
Blood Promise more than any book in the Vampire Academy series so far, focuses on Rose. It seems odd to say that seeing as Rose is the main character in the series, but whereas the books before this one had Rose interacting with her friends this one doesn’t have that luxury. We get to see Rose standing on her own two feet.
It took me a while to settle into this book, and as such Blood Promise isn’t really a straight four stars – it’s actually somewhere between three and four stars. I’m not totally sure why I didn’t connect straight away, why it was so difficult to fall back into the world. However, once I managed to settle into the book I devoured it – which is why I gave it four stars instead of three. When this book worked for me, it worked well.
As this book focused mainly on Rose it meant that we were introduced to some new characters – and I thought they were totally awesome! I also loved the fact that Mead allowed us little peaks so that we could see what was going on with Lissa, Adrian, and Christian.
It was also interesting seeing the first Strigoi we knew before they were changed. I think “interesting” just about covers everything of the experience – and I was totally glad I was NOT Rose. They were both very familiar, and yet scarily not.
Overall I really enjoyed this book, and I think it makes a great addition to the Vampire Academy series.
Becki is the owner and blogger on The Flutterby Room. She has an MA English through the Open University, and she gained her BA (Hons) English with Creative Writing from University College Falmouth. Books have been a huge part of her life for as long as she can remember, and although she is primarily a reader she does occasionally dabble with writing. When not reading (which isn’t that often) Becki can be found cooking, baking or listening to music – and sometimes doing two of the three at once.
Becki is currently tentatively interested in receiving books for review as she has nearly reached the bottom of her TBR (for the moment). The Flutterby Room is however always open to guest posts, author interviews, and promoting upcoming releases. If you are interested in this, then you can find more information here.
- RT @Harry_Tennison: Open day @FalmouthUni was pretty cool. Loved that they share all the dietary information in their cafe! #smallthing 57 minutes ago
- RT @kingsleydc: New course launch for @softfalmouth, BSc Computing for Games - apply through @UCAS now falmouth.ac.uk/computing-for-… @falmouthuni … 1 hour ago
- RT @LeicesterTigers: Final score in @EPCRugby #ChampionsCup Pool 3: Ulster 13 Toulon 23 1 hour ago
- @HAtraffic_swest heavy slow moving traffic round #M5 junction 20, do you know why? 4 hours ago
- RT @HAtraffic_swest: We've had to close 2 lanes #M5 J14-J15 southbound while the fire service deal with an incident. Traffic passing in lan… 4 hours ago
- RT @LeicesterTigers: Safe journey to the #Tigersfamily heading to Scarlets 6 hours ago
- RT @marksandspencer: The memories will always #LiveOn > bit.ly/1z0oNXJ http://t.co/4n1WaDb9Z3 9 hours ago
- RT @chloeneill: And this, folks, is How To Be A Class Act 101 via @TheOrlandoJones. theorlandojones.tumblr.com/post/100609211… 9 hours ago
- RT @arrowpublishing: Something strange is occurring in @Waterstones... #WaterstonesSleepover http://t.co/O9Z0kq7S0m 15 hours ago
- @steakuccino thank you for tweeting about my video :) 19 hours ago
Series I ♥
Want your own banners? Then visit i'm loving books.