Home > Meme > Waiting on Wednesday (20)

Waiting on Wednesday (20)

Waiting On” Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating. The summary for the book is from Goodreads.com

This week I am “Waiting On”…

Throne of Glass 1Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass #1)
by Sarah J. Maas

Published: 2nd August 2012

Meet Celaena Sardothien.
Beautiful. Deadly. Destined for greatness.

In the dark, filthy salt mines of Endovier, an eighteen-year-old girl is serving a life sentence. She is a trained assassin, the best of her kind, but she made a fatal mistake: she got caught.

Young Captain Westfall offers her a deal: her freedom in return for one huge sacrifice. Celaena must represent the prince in a to-the-death tournament—fighting the most gifted thieves and assassins in the land. Live or die, Celaena will be free. Win or lose, she is about to discover her true destiny. But will her assassin’s heart be melted?

Pushing the Limits
by Katie McGarry

Published: 3rd August 2012

“I won’t tell anyone, Echo. I promise.” Noah tucked a curl behind my ear. It had been so long since someone touched me like he did. Why did it have to be Noah Hutchins? His dark brown eyes shifted to my covered arms. “You didn’t do that-did you? It was done to you?” No one ever asked that question. They stared. They whispered. They laughed. But they never asked.

So wrong for each other…and yet so right.

No one knows what happened the night Echo Emerson went from popular girl with jock boyfriend to gossiped-about outsider with “freaky” scars on her arms. Even Echo can’t remember the whole truth of that horrible night. All she knows is that she wants everything to go back to normal. But when Noah Hutchins, the smoking-hot, girl-using loner in the black leather jacket, explodes into her life with his tough attitude and surprising understanding, Echo’s world shifts in ways she could never have imagined. They should have nothing in common. And with the secrets they both keep, being together is pretty much impossible.Yet the crazy attraction between them refuses to go away. And Echo has to ask herself just how far they can push the limits and what she’ll risk for the one guy who might teach her how to love again.

I am looking forward to getting my hands on both these books as I have heard REALLY good things about both of them on the whole.

So those are the books that I am “waiting on” this week. What book(s) are you waiting on this week ? Leave a comment and let me know.

1. August 1, 2012 at 3:14 pm

Ooh I really like that cover for Pushing the Limits! Is that the UK cover (vs US)? I like that one a lot better!!

• August 1, 2012 at 8:37 pm

Yes it is the UK cover.

• August 1, 2012 at 8:44 pm

I think I like that one a lot better! :)

2. August 1, 2012 at 4:04 pm

Throne of Glass is amazing, I loved it! Pushing The Limits looks great, I have an eGalley of it, but haven’t got round to reading it yet, i just know I’ll love it though!

My WOW

3. August 1, 2012 at 5:14 pm

Great picks for this week! Thanks for spotlighting them!

Here is my WOW: http://paulettespapers.com/?p=2273

4. August 1, 2012 at 7:23 pm

Both are great choices! I cannot wait for Throne of Glass, it sounds so awesome. Pushing The Limits sounds interesting too. Thanks for sharing!

5. August 1, 2012 at 7:43 pm

Great picks! I’ve heard amazing things about Throne of Glass. It’s bound to be awesome! I love the whole assassins idea. :)

6. August 2, 2012 at 1:26 am

BOTH!! BOTH!! These are both high on my I must have them list! :) Great picks!
    WoW at Libby Blog

7. August 2, 2012 at 3:41 am

I really want to read Pushing the Limits too. And the cover is so eye-catching!

Here’s my WOW.

8. August 2, 2012 at 6:55 pm

Hi Becki! I’ve nominated you for the Versatile Blogger award :-D. More details on my post