Home > Meme > Waiting On Wednesday (15)

Waiting On Wednesday (15)

Waiting On” Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating. As always, the summary provided is from Goodreads.com This week I am “Waiting On” just one book, but it’s one I’ve REALLY been looking forward to for a while. I can’t wait to get my hands on it :)

Team Human
by Justine Larbalestier and Sarah Rees Brennan

Published: 3rd July 2012

Just because Mel lives in New Whitby, a city founded by vampires, doesn’t mean she knows any of the blood-drinking undead personally. They stay in their part of town; she says in hers. Until the day a vampire shows up at her high school. Worse yet, her best friend, Cathy, seems to be falling in love with him. It’s up to Mel to save Cathy from a mistake she might regret for all eternity

On top of trying to help Cathy (whether she wants it or not), Mel is investigating a mysterious disappearance for another friend and discovering the attractions of a certain vampire wannabe. Combine all this with a cranky vampire cop, a number of unlikely romantic entanglements, and the occasional zombie, and soon Mel is hip-deep in an adventure that is equal parts hilarious and touching.

Acclaimed authors Justine Larbalestier and Sarah Rees Brennan team up to create a witty and poignant story of cool vampires, warm friendships, and the changes that test the bonds of love.

I’ve heard good things about this book. It sounds like it’s going to be a really fun, different, book to read.

What book(s) are you “Waiting On” this week? Leave me a link in the comments and I will check them out – I’m always on the lookout for new things to read!

1. June 27, 2012 at 2:16 pm

Ooo… Been seeing this around lately and so far, good reviews and ratings. Awesome pick! :D

My WoW

2. tinalinatime
    June 27, 2012 at 2:58 pm

I’m not a fan of the cover but the story sounds like it could be good!

3. June 27, 2012 at 3:44 pm

Haha, I have only heard amazing, hilarious things about this one and I’m definitely going to try to squeeze it in my TBR pile – seems like everybody loved it :)

4. June 27, 2012 at 5:53 pm

A new release by Sarah Rees Brennan, yeah! I don’t really like the cover though…

5. June 27, 2012 at 8:20 pm

Look really good. Thanks for sharing!

Kendal
    Kinx’s Book Nook

6. June 27, 2012 at 9:07 pm

This was my pick a couple of weeks ago!! Love the blog, new follower on Linky : )

my WOW

7. June 30, 2012 at 6:27 pm

My sister told me about this book the day after WoW, so I couldn’t use it as a pick! Read an excerpt and loved it. Also love Sarah Rees Brennan.

I’m a new follower by Linky.

Please see my new blog, Ensconced in YA at