Home > Meme > Top Ten Tuesday (9)

Top Ten Tuesday (9)

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists at The Broke and the Bookish. They’d love to share their lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

This weeks Top Ten topic is:

Top Ten Books On My Summer TBR List

The list is going to be in no particular order, and the books I’m putting in this list are books which are published or going to be published between Friday 1st June 2012 and Friday 31st August 2012.

Unbound Series #21. Shadow Bound (Unbound Series #2) by Rachel Vincent [Published: 1st June 2012]

I am really looking forward to getting my hands on this. I’ve heard some good things . . .

Bloodlines #22. The Golden Lily (Bloodlines #2) by Richelle Mead [Published: 19th June 2012] (YA)

I adored the first book in this series and I have been really looking forward to getting my hands on this. I’m hoping it lives up to expectations, as I haven’t really heard much about it (mostly by choice).

3. Team Human by Justine Larbalestier and Sarah Rees Brennan [Published: 3rd July 2012] (YA)

I’ve heard some mixed things about this book, but I’m hopeful it will be a good read.

Soul Screamers #64. Before I Wake (Soul Screamers #6) by Rachel Vincent [Published: 6th July 2012] (YA)

I’m really enjoying this series – I’m only up to book 3 – and I can’t wait until I catch up so I can read this in July. It sounds really interesting.

Women of the Otherworld #135. Thirteen (Women of the Otherworld #13) by Kelley Armstrong [Published: 24th July 2012]

I am so sad that this is going to be the last book in the series :( I can totally understand why Armstrong is ending it here, but I really adore the characters in  Women of the Otherworld. Still, there are the YA book . . .

6. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas [Published: 24th July 2012] (YA)

I think this sounds like it could be a really interesting book, and I’ve heard some good reviews. Can’t wait to find out for myself though.

Chicagoland Vampire Novel #67. Biting Cold (A Chicagoland Vampire Novel #6) by Chloe Neill [Published: 9th August 2012]

This is one of my favourite vampire series at the moment, and I cannot wait to see how this book turns out :)

8. The Cavendish Home For Boys and Girls by Claire Legrand [Published: 28th August 2012] (YA)

Don’t you just love the cover?! Or maybe that’s just me . . .

Starling #19. Starling (Starling #1) by Lesley Livingston [Published: 28th August 2012] (YA)

This I think sounds interesting. I can’t wait to see how Livingston handles the Norse Gods – it should be really interesting, me thinks.

The Lynburn Legacy #110. Unspoken (The Lynburn Legacy #1) by Sarah Rees Brennan [Published: 30th August 2012] (YA)

I am a HUGE fan of Sarah Rees Brennan’s The Demon’s Lexicon, so I am really looking forward to getting my hands on this series. The blurb sounds really interesting and the cover looks amazing. Hopefully it will be good.

So, those are my top ten summer to be read books – what are yours?

1. June 19, 2012 at 3:35 pm

The Golden Lily also made my list. I find the alchemists interesting but I have a special place in my heart for Adrian (which is the main reason I started this spin off series).

• June 19, 2012 at 3:38 pm

Yes, there really is something about Adrian isn’t there?!

2. June 19, 2012 at 5:10 pm

Fantastic list! Team Human and Unspoken look particularly intriguing. And I’ve been seeing Throne of Glass around a lot too- I may have to try to fit that one in this summer. Yay to The Golden Lily- hope you love it.
    Happy summer reading!

• June 25, 2012 at 11:17 am

Yeah Throne of Glass seems to be quite popular. I saw it on a Waiting on Wednesday a while back and thought it sounded interesting.

3. Brandi's Book Musings
    June 19, 2012 at 5:24 pm

Biting Cold is my most anticipated book of the year! I’ve listened to the whole series on audiobook and have absolutely loved them.

• June 25, 2012 at 11:15 am

Yes the Chicagoland Vampire series is awesome! Hope you enjoy it when you get it – though August seems so far away.

4. June 19, 2012 at 7:03 pm

Before I Wake and Thirteen for sure! I will get into the Shadow Bound books at one point, but going to read her adult series Shifters first :) Great list!

• June 25, 2012 at 11:18 am

This summer promises to have to some awesome reads :)

5. tinalinatime
    June 19, 2012 at 9:45 pm

Yes, Unspoken looks awesome! I adore that cover! :) Enjoy!

6. June 20, 2012 at 1:18 am

I just picked up Bloodlines the other day and I’m excited to get to it then the Golden Lily. I’ve also heard such great things about Throne of Glass.

• June 25, 2012 at 11:19 am

Bloodlines is a really great book. Reading it encouraged me to pick up the Vampire Academy series – which I have fallen in love with too.

7. June 20, 2012 at 1:42 am

Thirteen and The Golden Lily, count me in! I need to catch up on the Soul Screamer series as well (I believe I left off at book 3). And I need to read the first one in the Unbound series. You’re in for an epic summer of reading!

Thanks for visiting my top ten.

8. June 20, 2012 at 1:44 pm

All of these books are brand new to me! Hope you enjoy them!

9. June 20, 2012 at 4:04 pm

Looks like a great list and a wonderful summer of reading ahead.