Home > Meme > Waiting on Wednesday (9)

Waiting on Wednesday (9)

“Waiting On” Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating.

This week there are three books I am “Waiting On” which come out in the next week in the UK (according to Amazon.co.uk). I expect that there will be a couple which will be quite popular.

A Blood of Eden NovelThe Immortal Rules (A Blood of Eden Novel) (YA)
by Julie Kagawa

Published:4th May 2012

In a future world, Vampires reign. Humans are blood cattle. And one girl will search for the key to save humanity.

Allison Sekemoto survives in the Fringe, the outermost circle of a vampire city. By day, she and her crew scavenge for food. By night, any one of them could be eaten.

Some days, all that drives Allie is her hatred of them. The vampires who keep humans as blood cattle. Until the night Allie herself is attacked—and given the ultimate choice. Die… or become one of the monsters.

Faced with her own mortality, Allie becomes what she despises most. To survive, she must learn the rules of being immortal, including the most important: go long enough without human blood, and you will go mad.

Then Allie is forced to flee into the unknown, outside her city walls. There she joins a ragged band of humans who are seeking a legend—a possible cure to the disease that killed off most of humankind and created the rabids, the mindless creatures who threaten humans and vampires alike.

But it isn’t easy to pass for human. Especially not around Zeke, who might see past the monster inside her. And Allie soon must decide what—and who—is worth dying for.

There has been quite a lot of hype about this series on the blogsphere, and I have read a lot of mixed reactions to it. I’m curious to get my hands on it and see for myself what it is like.

Enchanted (YA)
by Alethea Kontis

Published: 8th May 2012

It isn’t easy being the rather overlooked and unhappy youngest sibling to sisters named for the other six days of the week. Sunday’s only comfort is writing stories, although what she writes has a terrible tendency to come true.

When Sunday meets an enchanted frog who asks about her stories, the two become friends. Soon that friendship deepens into something magical. One night Sunday kisses her frog goodbye and leaves, not realizing that her love has transformed him back into Rumbold, the crown prince of Arilland—and a man Sunday’s family despises.

The prince returns to his castle, intent on making Sunday fall in love with him as the man he is, not the frog he was. But Sunday is not so easy to woo. How can she feel such a strange, strong attraction for this prince she barely knows? And what twisted secrets lie hidden in his past – and hers?

Seen this one a lot on the blogsphere too, especially during Fairytale Fortnight. Really excited to get my hands on this one :)

In Honor (YA)
by Jesi Kirby

Published: 8th May 2012

Hours after her brother’s military funeral, Honor opens the last letter Finn ever sent. In her grief, she interprets his note as a final request and spontaneously decides to go to California to fulfill it.

Honor gets as far as the driveway before running into Rusty, Finn’s best friend since third grade and his polar opposite. She hasn’t seen Rusty in ages, but it’s obvious he is as arrogant and stubborn as ever—not to mention drop-dead gorgeous. Despite Honor’s better judgment, the two set off together on a voyage from Texas to California. Along the way, they find small and sometimes surprising ways to ease their shared loss and honor Finn’s memory—but when shocking truths are revealed at the end of the road, will either of them be able to cope with the consequences?

Saw this on “Waiting On” a couple of weeks back (I think) and thought it sounded really neat. I’m looking forward to getting my hands on this.

So, those are the books I’m “Waiting On” this week. What are you “Waiting On”?

1. May 2, 2012 at 12:00 pm

I am not really sure for In Honor =( I might try it but i haven’t met any Chick Lit to like so far argh =(

• May 2, 2012 at 1:20 pm

I have to be in the mood to read Chick Lit, but In Honor (and it irritates me to spell it without the ‘u’) sounds like it could be interesting so I’m thinking of getting it for a rainy day (so to speak).

• May 2, 2012 at 1:22 pm

Rainy day and Chick Lit?Sounds like a very good idea!

2. May 2, 2012 at 1:00 pm

The Immortal Rules was an awesome book! I want to read Enchanted as well, it seems like it would be a good read.

• May 2, 2012 at 1:21 pm

Thanks for the rec; I have heard some really good things about both books, so I think the beginning of May will be awesome! :D

3. May 2, 2012 at 1:15 pm

I’d been ignoring The Immortal Rules because I didn’t much care for the cover. But, now that I think about it, the synopsis sounds good, and I like Julie Kagawa. Thanks for the recommendation!

• May 2, 2012 at 1:23 pm

No problem. I’m looking forward to seeing what she does with vampire myths/legends.

4. May 2, 2012 at 1:54 pm

I have The Immortal Rules but haven’t read it yet. I really want to read Enchanted- looks like lots of fairy tale goodness!

My WoW: http://www.pocketfulofbooks.com/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday.html

• May 3, 2012 at 3:30 pm

Hope you enjoy The Immortal Rules when you read it.

5. May 2, 2012 at 1:58 pm

Awesome picks! Waiting for all three books too. Enchanted’s cover is just GORGEOUS.

Drop by my WoW! :D

6. May 2, 2012 at 2:01 pm

I have seen some really good reviews for The Immortal Rules. I hope you enjoy all of these when you get a chance to read them.

7. May 2, 2012 at 2:12 pm

I still haven’t read The Immortal Rules. Read the first few pages and it just didn’t grab me. ;( I hope I’ll get to read it this month, though. :>

Patricia // My WOW

• May 2, 2012 at 11:49 pm

Good luck with it! Hope it goes better a second time.

8. May 2, 2012 at 2:28 pm

I love the sound of ENCHANTED :)))

Great choices!

9. May 2, 2012 at 3:24 pm

The Immortal Rules IS AHMAZING. Everybody should read it!

ComaCalm’s WoW…

10. lauren0025
    May 2, 2012 at 3:42 pm

Great picks! I’m anxiously awaiting The Immortal Rules and Enchanted, as well.

Here’s my TT :)

• May 2, 2012 at 11:57 pm

There’s not long to wait now though :D

11. May 2, 2012 at 5:24 pm

The Immortal Rules is also on my TBR list. And I hadn’t heard about Enchanted but it does sound great, I’ll have to check it out. My WoW for the week is here: http://emcastellan.com/ Have a good reading week!

12. May 2, 2012 at 7:05 pm

I wasn’t a huge fan of Immortal Rules, but I, too, am waiting on Enchanted!

My WoW

• May 3, 2012 at 12:00 am

Yeah, I have heard mixed reviews about it :s Hope you enjoy Enchanted when you get your hands on it :)

13. May 2, 2012 at 7:34 pm

I have a review copy of The Immortal Rules, and am waiting on Enchanted as well. Love the cover. Great picks!

Check out my WoW post.

14. May 2, 2012 at 9:17 pm

Enchanted <3 I'm already in love with that book, so it better be good! I love the cover and the fact that it's a retelling about the frog prince.

• May 3, 2012 at 12:06 am

Yes, the cover is gorgeous. And fingers crossed!!!

15. May 3, 2012 at 12:55 am

In Honor looks good.

My WOW: breathofbooks.blogspot.com

• May 3, 2012 at 2:48 pm

It does, doesn’t it ? :) Thanks for stopping by.

16. May 3, 2012 at 2:22 am

Ah, I’d heard of the prolonged release of Immortal Rules in the UK, and I’m all, Dude, that has GOT to suck. But, you’ll be reading it super soon so that’s something. And this book really is so astonishingly dark and gritty compared to the Iron Fey series. In short, DAYUM I hearted this book. And *high five* for Enchanted. I’ve reasoned that IT’S THE COVER that’s been haunting me. I LOVE IT. Even if I don’t love the book, I WILL LOVE IT. I WILL WANT TO OWN IT.

• May 3, 2012 at 2:49 pm

Yes the cover of Enchanted looks amazing. Thanks for stopping by. By the way, I started following your blog via email.

17. May 3, 2012 at 10:47 pm

In Honor is AMAZING. I can’t tell enough people about how good it is. I want to read the other books too. Thanks for visiting Book Strings!

18. May 9, 2012 at 8:55 am

Thanks for stopping by last weeks WoW!
    The Immortal Rules was fantastic!

Happy Wednesday :)

Win on Wednesday
    Nominate Your Book Boyfriend

19. May 9, 2012 at 5:46 pm

I am interested in ALL of your picks this week! I have Immortal Rules and must finish reading it soon.
    Love the covers to in honor and enchanted!
    My W*0*W