Home > Meme > In My Mailbox (8)

In My Mailbox (8)

In My Mailbox is hosted by The Story Siren, it is a weekly meme where people record what books they received that week. As I don’t receive books every week, I do the meme as and when I can.

This week’s books arrived on Monday and are the final part of my amazon.co.uk order.

Darkness Rising #2The Hunger Games Trilogy #1Book Two in the Trylle TrilogyThe Curse Workers #3Hex Hall #3

The Calling (Darkness Rising #2) by Kelley Armstrong
The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games Trilogy #1) by Suzanne Collins
Torn (Book Two in the Trylle Trilogy) by Amanda Hocking
Black Heart (The Curse Workers #3) by Holly Black [review]
Spell Bound (Hex Hall #3) by Rachel Hawkins

I’ve already read about half of these. The review for Black Heart is already up, and the review for Spell Bound will be up on Thursday and the review for The Calling will be up on Saturday. Another busy week of posts for me. I probably won’t be publishing another IMM until mid-May now, so I guess I’ll see you then.

What’s in your mailbox this week?

1. April 29, 2012 at 12:12 pm

I really need to read The Calling & The Hex Hall series – I keep hearing good things about both recently :)

Thanks so much for stopping by my IMM!

• April 29, 2012 at 1:22 pm

Both are great series! And thank you for stopping by here :)

2. April 29, 2012 at 12:42 pm

This must be part of Holly Black’s Curse Worker series (wait, did I get that right? hehe). We also received the second book to this one for review, I think it was Red Glove. I’ve also read and reviewed Amanda Hocking’s Torn. I’m very glad to see The Hunger Games here, though. Nice! About time! :) Iphigene, one of the other members of our website (GatheringBooks) has done an analysis of Katniss Everdeen’s character a week ago, you might want to visit that too. :)

• April 29, 2012 at 1:21 pm

Thanks for the suggestion, I will definitley have a look at the analysis of Katniss Everdeen.

3. April 29, 2012 at 2:59 pm

I bought The Hunger Games this week too. I’ve got The Calling and Spellbound, absolutely awesome books, especially Spellbound. Love the covers on yours, mine had the US covers because well I live in the US. Anyway great IMM

• April 30, 2012 at 4:11 pm

I think it can be interesting seeing other versions of the cover, though I wish it was easier to get hold of ones from other countries I like.

4. April 29, 2012 at 4:24 pm

Thanks for commenting on my IMM, Becki! I’ve heard many good things about Kelley Armstrong and Holly Black. Hope you’ll have fun reading The Calling and Black Heart! (I read White Cat but I didn’t know what to think… Maybe it was since I read it in PDF format or something? I couldn’t get into it? Or did it just start so slowly I didn’t know what to do?)

One book I can get behind is The Hunger Games, at least. Enjoy!

• April 29, 2012 at 4:30 pm

5. Sony The Booklover
    April 29, 2012 at 5:02 pm

The covers are all amazing I want to read black heart the most. Enjoy the books and rest of your sunday.

• April 30, 2012 at 5:00 pm

Thanks for stopping and hope you had a good Sunday :)

• Sony The Booklover
        May 6, 2012 at 4:23 pm

No problem enjoy your Sunday too all those good books you have there.

6. April 29, 2012 at 6:05 pm

All the book covers look so pretty together. Looking forward to reading your review of Spell Bound this week- I need to catch up with that one. I still haven’t read an Amanda Hocking book but I know she’s quite popular.

• April 29, 2012 at 6:31 pm

She is quite popular, but I’m hoping the second book will be better than the first.

7. April 29, 2012 at 8:05 pm

OMG I’m so jealous you got The Calling! I loved the Gathering and I can’t wait to see what happens next :) Thanks for visiting!

Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

• April 30, 2012 at 4:13 pm

No problem :) And The Calling is every bit as good as The Gathering so should enjoy it when you get your hands on it.

8. thebookcellarx
    April 29, 2012 at 9:06 pm

I really need to start this Kelley Armstrong series – enjoy all your books :)

9. April 29, 2012 at 10:54 pm

I really want to read the Calling and Black Heart! I have Spell Bound borrowed from the library, and plan to read it next :) Is the Amanda Hocking series good? Enjoy reading the rest of these!

• April 30, 2012 at 4:15 pm

The Trylle series is okay. It’s kind of like a lot of other books in the faerie/fey genre. I’m hoping the second book is better than the first.

10. April 29, 2012 at 11:27 pm

Looks like you had a yummy week!!

Thanks for sharing,
    Dani

11. April 30, 2012 at 1:28 am

I hope you enjoy Soul Bound! It ties up the series well, but I’m already looking forward to the spin-off series she’s planning. I’m going to be listening to Black Heart as my next audio book! I’ve loved the series so far, it really took me by surprise in its awesomeness. Enjoy!

• April 30, 2012 at 4:16 pm

Spell Bound is the last book in the series? I didn’t realise that. A spin-off series should be interesting.

12. April 30, 2012 at 9:06 am

Lucky you for getting Torn! It’s the first book on my wishlist right now! Enjoy reading!

My Mailbox.

13. April 30, 2012 at 6:32 pm

Thanx for stopping by my mailbox! I see you received the 1st installment of ‘The Hunger Games’, have you started reading it yet? I’m nearly finished and it’s great. But the other books you got look great as well! Hope you’ll enjoy them!

• May 3, 2012 at 2:42 pm

No, I’ve not managed to get to the Hunger Games left. I think it’s fourth in my pile. So hopefully soon.

14. May 2, 2012 at 7:05 pm

That looks like a lovely selection…I’m going to have to get my hands on The Hunger Games!

Thanks for stopping by my IMM!

Enjoy your reading!

• May 3, 2012 at 2:46 pm

I only picked up The Hunger Games because I saw and liked the film.

15. engelsigh
    May 3, 2012 at 2:59 am

I really loved White Cat and can’t wait to read the rest of the series. I think it’s cool how it involves magic and the mob.

• May 3, 2012 at 2:46 pm

Yes, the mixture of magic and mob is VERY cool B)