Review: The Eternal Kiss
Title: The Eternal Kiss: 13 Vampire Tales of Blood and Desire
Editor: Trisha Telep
Genre: Paranormal Romance, Urban Fantasy, Young Adult
Publisher: RP Teens (6th August 2009)
It’s hot. It’s irresistible. It’s dangerous. It’s an Eternal Kiss.
Supernatural forces and desires come alive in these thirteen vampire tales. Like love, the adventures are never safe and hungers never die. And chances are taken. If you are seduced by the mystery of the heart, beating for a destiny unknown, you will helplessly follow the characters in this collection – longing for one to call their own.
Rating:**** (4 stars)
The Eternal Kiss is an interesting collection of vampire tales brought together in one brilliant volume – twelve of which are original to the anthology.
I occasionally enjoy reading short stories, so I sometimes find myself buying anthologies like this one to satisfy the craving. On the whole I really enjoyed the stories in this collection. They are all, in their own way, incredibly brilliant and whilst some left me cold others made me laugh out loud (really) and wish that I’d thought about vampires like that before. There are several stories in the collection whose author I will be looking up to see if there is more written about them (I hope so).
Falling to Ash is definitely one of my favourite stories in the collection. I really liked the main character Moth and the narrative voice. It was nice to re-read Shelter Island which is set in the fantastic Blue Blood verse. Sword Point was an interesting read. The Coldest Girl in Coldtown is centred around a really interesting idea which I would love to see explored. Undead is Very Hot Right Now was an interesting way of looking at the vampire phenomenon, it was a little bit sad and funny. Kat was surprising, but then I should know that things aren’t always what they seem in the Otherworld. The Thirteenth Step was great horror, and I think it’s the darkest piece in the collection. All Hallows was a brilliant read and made me think I should re-try the Morganville Vampires or maybe not if it has different main characters . . . Wet Teeth had a melancholic feel to it. Other Boys was a surprise and a close second darkest piece in the collection. I really enjoyed the concept of Passing, and I really hope there’s more in this universe as it is awesome! Love the main character and the twist – sooo wanna read more!! Ambition was sad and creepy. And finally All Wounds was a brilliant end to the collection, and yet another one which I hope there’s more of.
If you like urban fantasy, paranormal romance, or just vampires then this is definitely a collection to give a go, especially if you’ve not got the time to sit down with a whole novel. Although, you may find like me that once you’ve picked it up it’s rather difficult to put down.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
I've recently completed my English MA with the Open University which I'm really pleased about. I'm a long-time bookaholic and chocolate fan.
You can find out more about me here.
If you have a book you'd like me to consider for review, then please have a look at my review policy.
- It's just past 6am and I have been up for an hour...why?! Stupid hospital. Had to go and muck everything up. Think may have drink & try bed. 56 minutes ago
- RT @jennadoesbooks: My @FierceReads post is scheduled! A crazy interview w/ @ByAnnaBanks, @LBardugo, @JessicaBrody, @GenniferAlbin, @EmmyLa… 1 hour ago
- RT @Amanda_Sun: Hi new followers! I'm glad you're here. Did you know you can read the prequel SHADOW free? facebook.com/photo.php?fbid… 1 hour ago
- RT @LauraKreitzer: Between Twitter & FB, the people have spoken: Wasps are evil. 1 hour ago
- @lindsaycwrites *hugs* 10 hours ago
- RT @sarahmussi: Woo... just touching down after ShoutSouth! that was some seriously awesome event! 10 hours ago
- RT @endofmissc: Win Shadow & Bone, Siege & Storm and More in a #Grisha Goodie Pack with @JessHeartsBooks (UK/Ireland only) http://t.co/weNR… 11 hours ago
- Yay, nearly finished with tomorrow's Top Ten Tuesday post. #productive 17 hours ago
- RT @AtomBooks: Over 700 people attended the @chriscolfer signing @bluewaterstones yesterday. Did you? If so, tweet us your pics! 19 hours ago
- Photo: Review: Debutantes by Cora Harrison Debutantes by Cora Harrison Title: Debutantes Author: Cora... tmblr.co/Zv_19wnY2W0m 20 hours ago
Series I ♥
Want your own banners? Then visit i'm loving books.