Review: Betrayed by P.C. and Kristin Cast
Title: Betrayed (A House of Night Novel #2)
Author: P.C. and Kristin Cast
Genre:Paranormal Romance, Young Adult
Publisher: Atom (5th February 2009)
All any of us could talk about was Chris’s disappearance and how bizarre it was that he had last been seen so close to the House of Night. I didn’t want to believe it. But everything inside me said that the kid would be found, but he’d be found dead . . .
Things seem to be going pretty well for Zoey Redbird. She’s settled in at the House of Night finishing school and is coming to terms with her incredible new powers. It all seems too good to be true. And guess what?
Someone has begun murdering human teenagers, and all evidence points to the vampyres of Zoey’s school. Which means her first assignment as the leader of the Dark Daughters is finding out which one of her classmates or – gulp – teachers is a killer.
Sigh. And she thought her boyfriends (yes: plural) were going to be her biggest problem this year . . .
Rating:**** (4 stars)
Betrayed is the second book in P.C. and Kristin Cast’s fabulous A House of Night Novel series. The story takes up pretty much from where Marked left-off, though an indeterminate period of time has passed since the events of Marked.
I really enjoyed reading this book. I just devoured it; it took me less than a day from start to finish to read this, and I can’t wait to start the next book in the series
Betrayed has all the wonder of Marked and some of the same flaws too. It was nice to get re-introduced to the cast, to Zoey, and Stevie Rae, and Damien, and the Twins (Shaunee and Erin, who aren’t really twins at all), and to Erik, and to Nala (Zoey’s cat). I fell straight back into the world of House of Night, it was like I’d never left. I really liked that about this book.
We also got introduced to some new characters, who were interesting, and I can’t wait to see how they develop. Changes are definitely afoot in this book. It is interesting to see how things fall out, and the questions it causes for the next book – which, just in case I haven’t mentioned this before, I am looking forward to reading. Aphrodite and Neferet are very, very interesting in this book. I won’t say more than that, because I don’t want to spoil it for you. But I couldn’t let them go unremarked upon.
There are some definite twists in this book, some of which were hinted at in Marked, but they’re more explicit in Betrayed. Zoey is a bit well . . . silly in this book, and there were times when I wanted to poke her. Yet that was part of the thrill for me, I felt involved. Zoey’s reactions are kind of understandable, especially with the major mystery of the book – who is murdering the humans?
If you’ve read and liked Marked, you should definitely continue on to Betrayed. And if you’ve not picked up Marked, then you should.
I've recently completed my English MA with the Open University which I'm really pleased about. I'm a long-time bookaholic and chocolate fan.
You can find out more about me here.
If you have a book you'd like me to consider for review, then please have a look at my review policy.
- Waiting on Wednesday (33) bloglovin.com/blog/post/6017… on @bloglovin 53 minutes ago
- Photo: Waiting on Wednesday (33) Waiting On” Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine,... tmblr.co/Zv_19w10uzt2h 1 hour ago
- Photo: tmblr.co/Zv_19w10qfHcr 15 hours ago
- Photo: tmblr.co/Zv_19w10qbiN2 15 hours ago
- RT @deannaraybourn: "Without books we have neither a past nor a future." --Sleepy Hollow 1 day ago
- RT @LKHamilton: This is the beginning of something really bad. You only silence the media when you don't want anyone to know. @dumpstoli @f… 1 day ago
- RT @DefenceHQ: Military personnel have been helping communities affected by the recent flooding in the UK gov.uk/government/new… http://t.… 1 day ago
- RT @EverardsTiger: All set up @LeicesterTigers Christmas Market! Make sure you come and see us! #TigerMinikeg #Tigersfamily http://t.co/fG… 2 days ago
- RT @EverardsTiger: Come down to the @LeicesterTigers Christmas Market today b4 the match and say hello! Plenty of gifts for #xmas includin… 2 days ago
Series I ♥
Want your own banners? Then visit i'm loving books.